A recycling machine is a handy crafting item to have around in Stardew Valley. Using it can also get you some decent resource items; that said, here's how to get it and everything you need to do.
How to craft the recycling machine in Stardew Valley
To get the recycling machine, you will need to level up your fishing skill to level four; once at level four, you will then be able to craft the recycling machine via a crafting recipe with the items listed below.
- 25 wood: You can get wood by chopping trees down on and off the farm.
- 25 stone: Stone can be mined by using a pickaxe on stone mounds on the farm and inside the mines.
- 1 Iron bar
If you are not yet at level four fishing, you can level it up by successfully catching fish with both a fishing pole and crabpot; the higher value fish will also give you more XP. That said, keeping at it until you are level four in fishing, and then get the items listed above.
Related: How to get cloth in Stardew Valley
Once crafted, you can then use the recycling machine to recycling several trash items into useful ones; check the list below for everything you can recycle in the game.
- Broken CD
- Refined quartz: 100 percent chance of getting one refined quartz.
- Broken Glasses
- Refined Quartz: 100 percent chance of getting one refined quartz.
- Soggy Newspaper
- Torches: When recycling, you have a 90 percent chance of getting three torches.
- Cloth: you can potentially get one cloth at a ten percent chance; this is relatively low, so if you are looking for cloth, don't use this method.
- Stone: When recycling trash, you have a 49 percent chance to receive up to three stone.
- Coal: When recycling trash, you have a 30 percent chance to receive up to three coal.
- Iron Ore: When recycling trash, you have a 30 percent chance to receive up to three coal.
- Wood: When recycling trash, you have a 75 percent chance to receive up to three wood.
- Coal: When recycling trash, you have a 25 percent chance to receive up to three coal.