VALORANT is a 5v5 tactical shooter from Riot Games combining special abilities with gunplay. The game features round-based gameplay, and the first team to win 13 rounds is victorious. Each character relies on their aiming skills, unique abilities, and teamwork to win rounds. At the end of a round, they get credits to spend on weapons and abilities for the next round. VALORANT has taken the world by storm and looks to become the next big esport.
VALORANT Display Name
Every player in the game is distinguished by their display name, linked to their Riot ID. The Riot ID comprises the display name and a hashtag of three to five characters. It’s like this so multiple players can use the same display name with the hashtags differentiating them. Only the display name is visible in the game, but you need the full display name and hashtags to add friends. You might want to change your name because you’re bored with the old one, or maybe you’ve just thought of one that’s more interesting. This guide will show you how to change your name in VALORANT.
How to Change your ID
- Login to your Riot account.
- If it asks for email verification, send the email, then verify it.
- Click on the left where it says Riot ID.
- Another window will open showing your ID.
- Click on the pencil icon on the right to edit your ID.
- A new window will open asking for your new Riot ID.
- You can add the new name and choose random hashtag characters or ones you prefer.
- Click on submit to finalize.
Changing your Riot ID is free, but you can only change it once a month. The word “Riot” is forbidden, and it’s probably best to stay away from offensive words. All names must adhere to Riot’s Code of Conduct and shouldn’t include any slurs or hate speech. Riot enforces these rules and may force you to change your name if you don’t follow them. Be careful to remember your new ID, so you don’t get locked out of your account.
If you're having any issues with the game you can learn how to fix all the error codes here.