Though online multiplayer games work most of the time perfectly, it's not uncommon to encounter an error every now and again, whether it's on your end or the developer's side. Valorant is no exception to this, and the Valorant 'Failed to save settings to server' error can be incredibly frustrating, especially when it comes out of nowhere. Here's how to fix it.
How to fix Valorant 'failed to save settings to server' error
Players can run into the 'failed to save settings to server' error when attempting to save any changes to their settings in Valorant, whether it be keybinds, graphics, or audio. This proves to be incredibly frustrating, especially when it comes to Valorant gameplay settings like crosshair or sensitivity not saving.
There are a handful of possible solutions that you can try to fix the 'failed to save settings to server' error in Valorant:
- Restart Valorant—While this is an obvious one, it can be a quick and effective fix.
- Reboot your PC—If something's gone wrong on your PC somewhere that's preventing a stable connecting, a simple reboot can often solve the issue.
- Restart your router—If restarting your game and/or PC doesn't work, unplug and replug in your router, as sometimes, connection can become unstable, and a restart can give it a much-needed refresh.
- Flush your internet DNS—Finally, if none of the above methods work, try flushing your DNS and seeing if that helps. To do this on Windows, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type cmd to open up the Command Prompt.
- Type in ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type in ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
If you're still having problems saving your settings, the Valorant servers may be down, in which case you've got no choice but to wait for Riot Games to fix them.
How to check Valorant server status
To check Valorant's server status to determine whether the issue lies on your end or not, head to the official Riot Games Service Status website, where the latest errors will be listed.
If Valorant is down, keep an eye on the official Riot Games Support Twitter account for updates on when you can expect the service to run normally again.
If the servers aren't down and you still have issues, open up a support ticket with Riot Games through its Submit a Ticket page and detail all the methods you've tried to help speed up the resolution process.
For more information on Valorant, check out 50 Valorant Tips and Tricks to Improve on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Valorant ‘failed to save settings to server’ error – How to fix