Sketamari, also known as the big ball of bones, has given players much grief in Vampire Survivors. It is a special opponent that appears in the Bone Zone. Sketamari does not appear as an event or in a wave but moves from left to right in the southern part of the map. In this guide, we will explain to you how to defeat it.
How to beat Sketamari in Vampire Survivors
To beat Sketamari in Vampire Survivors, you will need to select a character with high movement speed. Leda is a perfect choice for this. Pugnala is a great character if you don't have Leda because he has powerful guns called Phiera Der Tuphello & Eight The Sparrow as starting weapons. These can be evolved into Phieraggi if you have Tiragisu in your inventory as well. Immediately when you spawn in the Bone Zone, start going down and use the map to locate the question mark. You'll have to be fast because Sketamari grows over time by absorbing enemies into itself.
We recommend the following weapons for this fight:
- Garlic or Soul Eater: evolution of Garlic that's done when you pick up a Treasure Chest while you have Max Level Garlic and any level of Pummarola in your inventory.
- Mannajja: Evolved Song of Mana that requires a Max Level of the weapon plus any level of Skull O'Maniac is also good because it fires in all directions.
- Any projectile-based weapon that aims on its own (Fire Wand, Magic Wand, Runetracer, Cross) is great, but you need to "kite" Sketamari with a range close enough for those weapons to aim at it more than at other enemies that are approaching you.
- Cherry Bomb, Carrello, and Celestial Dusting are great choices because they are firing away from you, directly into the Sketamari, as you are running away from it.
- Directed projectile-based weapons such as Knife and Shadow Pinion are semi-decent because you consistently need to move away and toward Sketamari to deal consistent damage to it, so rather skip these solutions.
On the other hand Pentagram and its evolution, Gorgeous Moon, and the pickup item called Rosary do not damage Sketamari so you should not rely on these.
After you start your descent on the map, grab as many blue gems as possible since you will need every level you can get before this fight. If you happen to get Wings as an option, consider taking them. The same goes for Spinach (Might boost) and Empty Tome (Cooldown boost). When reaching Sketamari, position yourself slightly below it. Follow it carefully as it moves left and right.
This is the part where your high movement speed comes into play. The important part of the strategy is not to let Sketamari come close to you. Always make sure you keep your distance from it. Early in the fight, it won't do much damage, but the longer the fight lasts, the bigger it will get. The damage gets progressively higher as well. The first time you defeat Skematari, Scrolls of Morbane will drop from it.
Are you in need of more guides on Vampire Survivors? We got you covered with Vampire Survivors Character Tier List here on Pro Game Guides!