If you're having problems playing Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, you're not the only one. There are several issues plaguing the game, and most of them are server related. Having said that, Error code 4001 is a bit different as its problem is connected to PC Game Pass. Here's how to fix this issue and continue playing this co-op first-person role-playing shooter.
How to fix Error Code 4001 - Warhammer 40k Darktide
Error code 4001 appears if you're playing Warhammer 40k: Darktide via PC Game Pass. Everything works fine during the prologue, but after that, the error message appears. There are several things for you to try while you wait for developers to patch things up.
- Try switching the game host - if you have a "hot join party hub failed" problem, try changing the party leader, so another player is a host for your game.
- Wait a bit - it's not rocket science, but the servers may be down because of the large traffic. In that case, all you can do is wait.
Other players have tried all sorts of things, from reinstalling the game to using a VPN (which we don't recommend). At the end of the day, all you can do is try to avoid server traffic jams. If that doesn't work, wait for the official Warhammer 40k: Darktide Error code 4001 fix.
List of all known Warhammer 40,000 Darktide errors
Here's a list of all known Darktide errors, besides "hot join party hub failed" - Error Code: 4001:
- mechanism mismatch - Error Code 1011
- nonexisting channel - Error Code 2001
- lost connection - Error Code 2003
- internal error - Error Code 2007
- failed joining lobby - Error Code 3001
- failed handshake timeout - Error Code 4008
- failed mission not healthy - Error Code 5001
For more information on Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, check out Is Warhammer 40k Darktide coming to PS and Xbox Consoles on Pro Game Guides.