There is only one way to get Heirloom Shards, and that is through Apex Packs. These loot boxes have a one percent chance of dropping 150 Heirloom Shards, but there is also a way to guarantee a drop.
How Drops Work
Between every 500 packs, there is a guaranteed Heirloom Shard drop for players. That means a player can open up to 499 packs, and if they haven't gotten a single drop, their next pack is guaranteed to have it. This special bonus is only applicable if there are still Heirloom Sets available.
Apex packs can be purchased or earned, and because there is only a one percent chance of the Shards dropping, this can end up being costly. Packs are awarded every few levels depending on what level the player is.
- Level 2 - 20: One pack every level
- Level 22 - 300: One pack every two levels
- Level 305 - 500: One pack every five levels
Purchasing Apex Packs can be costly, but the inexpensive version can be grindy. The way experience is gained on specific actions.
- Every point of damage rewards 0.25 XP
- Every second the player survives rewards 3 XP
- Reviving teammates rewards 25 XP
- Every kill rewards 50 XP
- Becoming the Kill Leader rewards 50 XP
- Respawning a teammate rewards 200 XP
- Finishing in the Top Five rewards 300 XP
- The first kill of the day rewards 500 XP
- If the player is in the Champion Squad at the beginning of the match, they are rewarded 500 XP
- Killing the Champion rewards 500 XP
- Winning a match rewards 900 XP
Playing with friends will increase Time Survived XP by five percent for each teammate.
For more guides on Apex, check out How to get Apex Predator in Apex Legends on Pro Game Guides.