If you want to make some of the end game items in Ark, you will need electronics, which require a resource called Silica Pearls. Keep reading below to find out all of the above and more.
How To Get Silica Pearls
In short, to get Silica Pearls in Ark, usually, you will need to go to the deepest parts of the ocean and find their nodes. It mostly depends on the map, like, for example, on Sorached earth, you can get these pearls from the only sources of water on the map. That said, there are a few other ways and areas you can find Silica Pearls, all of which will be listed below.
Where To Find Silica Pearls Nodes
- Snow Biomes - In the shallow areas of the shore is where you can find the pearl nodes.
- Underwater caves - Inside underwater caves, you can find some pearl nodes.
- Giant Beaver Dams - The dams beavers make can sometimes have Silica Pearls inside.
- Dead Creatures - You can harvest pearls from the bodies of dead Trilobites, Eurypterids, Ammonites, Leeches
- Phoenix Poop - Phoenixes, when they defecate, will defecate Silica Pearls instead of normal feces.
- Bottom of Ocean or Rivers - At the bottom of bodies of water in Ark, you can find Silica Pearls. For other maps than the Island, we suggest looking up a resource map at ark.gamepedia.com.
How To Farm Silica Pearls
To start, ignore all other methods except for Snow biomes and Giant Beaver Dams. The other techniques are not worth all of the trouble and will only net you a small number of pearls. That said, to farm Silica Pearls, we suggest going along the shores of the Snow biome on the Island map.
You can find the pearls in large shells close to the beach; see the image above for reference. But If you are on a different map, we suggest looking up a resource map at https://ark.gamepedia.com/Resource_Map. When you find the map you are on, follow the steps below to farm Slican Pearls on them.
In short, with maps like Scorched Earth and The Center, your primary method of getting the pearls is from underwater nodes. On Scorched Earth, you are mostly going to have an easier time than other maps because you can find it in the river that runs through the map. But for the Center, you will have to farm nodes underwater. To do this, we suggest getting an Angler as they are the best at farming Silica Pearls underwater and have a light source to help you see better. Overall, the ways to farm Silica Pearls will depend on the map you are on, especially on later DLC maps like Extinction. Due to this, you will need to adapt to the situation and map, but usually, the main method will remain the underwater node option.