Back 4 Blood is a low-resource demanding game compared to the other 2021 games. The game is well optimized and runs smoothly on systems that meet the minimum requirements.
As such, you may want to tweak your game settings to get the best frames per second (FPS) and stable performance. Follow this Back 4 Blood best settings guide to run the game effortlessly.
GRAPHICS—Best Back 4 Blood Settings
The following settings are meant to give you great performance but you can tune it up or down depending on your device specifications.
- Window Mode - Borderless Fullscreen
- Target GPU - Your primary / dedicated GPU
- Avoid the integrated GPU if you want maximum FPS.
- Graphics API - DirectX 12
- Screen Resolution - Your native screen resolution
- You may check it in—Settings > System > Display > Display Resolution.
- Upscaling - Off
- Anti-Aliasing - FXAA
- Sharpening - Off
- Motion Blur - Off
- Chromatic Aberration - Off
- Adaptive FX Quality - Off
- Field of View - Try something between 100 & 120.
- VSync - Off
- Limit FPS - Off
- Quality - Custom
- Post Processing Quality - Low
- Texture Quality - Medium
- Effects Quality - Medium
- Shadow Quality - Low
- Foliage Quality - Low
- HDR - Off
- Brightness - 55
- Contrast - 0
- Saturation - 50
- Screen Space - Adjust it to your monitor.
Besides these, you can make sure of the following things in Windows PC:
- Updated to latest NVIDIA / AMD graphics drivers.
- Updated to latest Windows update.
- Make sure you are using the dedicated GPU in your graphics control panel.
- Change these in Settings > Gaming >:
- Xbox Game Bar > Turn Off
- Game Mode > Turn On
- Game Mode > Related Settings > Graphics Settings > Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling > Turn On
- Game Mode > Related Settings > Graphics Settings > Graphics performance preference > Browse and select the Back 4 Blood exe file > Put it on High Performance
- Use the maximum performance power plan.
GAMEPLAY— Best Back 4 Blood Settings
- Hit Markers - On
- Game Coach - On
- Quick Use Offensive Item - Off
- All Weapons Full-Auto - Off
- Auto Select New Weapon - Off
- Auto Switch Weapon on Depleted Ammo - On
- Auto Recenter Recoil - On
- Reticle - Dot
- You can select Crosshair if you prefer it over Dot. Furthermore, you can customize the reticle to your taste.
Accessibility and Subtitle settings are subjective and can be set according to your requirements.
AUDIO— Best Back 4 Blood Settings
- Mix Profile - Dynamic
- Default is also really good, but Dynamic provides more depth to the sounds in-game.
- Master Volume - 100
- SFX Volume - 100
- Dialogue Volume - 80
- Music Volume - 80
- The music makes the game feel more intriguing at times, but it may not feel the same for you. You can turn the music down if you don't like it.
- Sound Plays in Background - Off
- Dialogue Language - Select your preferred language.
- Talk Mode - Use Open Mic if there is no background noise on your side.
- Push To Talk - V
- If using Push To Talk, you can assign any key of choice for it.
Adjust Mic and Voice Volumes to make them neither too loud nor too low.
For more Back 4 Blood articles, check out How to get the Breakfest Achievement in Back 4 Blood on Pro Game Guides.