Beat Saber can be a quite challenging game, especially when you are comparing yourself to advanced players. That's why we've compiled some of the best tips for you to become an intermediate player quicker.
Best tips to get better at Beat Saber VR
- Alter the visual and audio settings. While there is not any specific setup that makes a player perform better, playing with settings can still help you out. Find what works for you, such as changing trail intensity.
- Play around with grips and find out what works best for you. Don't force yourself to work with a grip just because you saw someone else using it. Find the one that is the most comfortable and useful to you.
- Use No Fail mode to practice. Often, it may seem natural to quit the game after failing. But this will not always help you learn from your mistakes and can get you mentally stuck. Turning on No Fail mode allows you to keep practicing even with mistakes.
- Start out practicing on slower songs in the beginning. Playing fast songs while you are not yet used to the game can be overwhelming and may open you up to frustration that will damage your performance.
- Practice in a good setting that helps you. When you are specifically practicing to increase your abilities, make sure you are doing it in the best environment. Be well-rested, hydrated, and have a wide and peaceful environment to use your VR.
- Turning on Ghost Notes within settings will allow you to get more in-depth feedback. This can be useful because you might be missing a key issue with your gameplay that is hurting you.
- When you don't want to play actively, choose to watch other players playing on YouTube, Twitch, or another platform. This can be an effective way to take a step back and see alternate approaches to playing.
Don't sweat it
This is the most important tip, even if it may seem the least specific. Getting yourself stressed out or getting too serious about Beat Saber and your performance can actually work against you. Having fun and staying relaxed in your approach will make it a lot easier to work on your performance. If you feel yourself getting frustrated with the game, take a break and come back later. Understand that improvement is gradual and will take time. Don't be too hard on yourself and make sure to remember that even though mastering it can be really rewarding, it is still a game at the end of the day.
Want to read more about Beat Saber? If so, check out How to get custom Beat Saber Songs on Oculus Quest on Pro Game Guides.