Grinding out Orion camo on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 weapons is a lengthy process involving tons of different requirements, one of which is Longshots with the weapon. Luckily, this Call of Duty is forgiving with Longshot distance since the distance requirement changes with the weapon's type. Because of this, with the right information and strategy, getting Longshots with your weapons can be a fairly painless task.
All Longshot distances in MW2
- Sniper Rifles: Starting with the longest-range weapon class in the game, the distance Sniper Rifles need to reach for a Longshot is a massive 50 meters. Due to Sniper Rifles' ability to hit targets at all ranges for massive damage, sitting back and racking up Longshots shouldn't be too much of a problem.
- Assault Rifles: The Assault Rifle class' Longshot distance is fairly long considering the class' distance variances. While many of MW2's best Assault Rifles have zero problem at this distance, for some Assault Rifles this distance can be tough to reach.
- Light Machine Guns: However, the Longshot requirement for Light Machine Guns is also 37.5 meters, which is quite manageable for one of the game's longest-range weapons. Getting Longshots with Light Machine Guns is a much easier task than with some Assault Rifles.
- Marksman Rifle: Rounding off the 37.5 meter weapons are the Marksman Rifles which, like LMGs, do not have much trouble with Longshots considering they are high-accuracy, long-distance weapons.
- Sub-Machine Guns: Standing at 30 meters for a Longshot, some SMGs have a fair bit of trouble reaching this distance. Much like closer-ranged Assault Rifles, hitting targets accurately for good damage at this range can be a challenge for some SMGs.
- Handguns: Typically, you swap to your trusty sidearm to finish off close-range kills, but the Longshot range for Handguns is 20 meters. This will most likely mean building a loadout around a Handgun and investing as much as possible, but once you've done this, you should be able to rack up Longshots without too much trouble.
- Shotguns: Rounding off the weapon list is the Shotgun class, the closest-range weapon of them all. Most of the time, with Shotguns, you want to practically be in the same room as opponents, but at a distance of 12.5 meters for a Longshot, you need to invest in range and damage increases to rack up Longshot kills.
Best way to get Longshots with each Weapon Class in MW2
Knowing the distance required to get Longshots is half the battle, while the other half is taking advantage of the XTEN Angel-40 and the Angel-40 4.8x weapon attachments. These two attachments, the latter for Sniper Rifles and the former for all other Weapon Classes, display the exact range in meters between you and your target. This makes Longshot kills a breeze, as you can set yourself up at a good distance and wait for enemies to enter your crosshairs. With this strategy, the best game mode will be Domination due to players having to enter objective points that they can easily defend from a safe distance.
Of course, to take advantage of these attachments, you need to first unlock them. To unlock the XTEN Angel-40, you need to level the TAQ-M Marksman Rifle to Level 11. As for the Angel-40 4.8x, you need to get the RAAL MG Light Machine Gun to Level 6.
Want more information on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? Check out Where is the Special Ops Relay Station in Warzone 2 DMZ and MW2 Dev Error 11642 – How to Fix from Pro Game Guides!