In the new update for Dead By Daylight, a lot of new features and fixes were added to the game. The first feature is a new killer dubbed the Pinhead or The Cenobite. Along with Pinhead, players can also get a new Lament Configuration universal charm. Overall, the Pinhead update brings a brand new experience for players to enjoy that include also includes a new map and some returning ones such as Blood Lodge and The Game.
However, if you don't know who the Cenobite or Pinhead is, in short Pinhead is a monster from the classic horror film series Hellraiser that dates back to the late 80s. Pinhead now returns from these classic 80s horror films to stand alongside other staples of the grene in Dead By Daylight. That being said, here are the patch notes for Update 5.2.0 and everything that has been changed and added.
- Added an new Killer - The Cenobite.
- Match Results - When players leave a Trial with a Limited Item (Example: The Nemesis’s Vaccine) they will now be notified that they do not get to keep it. It has been consumed by The Entity.
- Large Text Settings - The players can enable this option to enlarge all texts in the HUD, increasing readability.
- Skill Based Matchmaking will be enabled separately on September 8th at 11:00AM EDT.
- Visual Update of the Pallet.
Grades and Grade Rewards
- Grades are replacing Ranks.
- Grades are broken up into five groupings: Ash, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Iridescent.
- Each grouping has four sub-groupings: IV, III, II, I.
- Current Ranks will be translated into their corresponding Grade.
- Rank 20 = Ash IV, Rank 19 = Ash III, Rank 18 = Ash II, Rank 17 = Ash I, Rank 16 = Bronze IV, etc.
- Grade Resets will happen on the 13th of each month, and all players will be reset to Ash IV for both Killer and Survivor, regardless of their previous Grade.
- Bloodpoint rewards are given out when the reset occurs, based on your previous Grade.
- It is no longer possible to lose enough pips to lose a Grade.
The Nemesis Update
- Movement speed while charging Tentacle Strike Tier 3 increased to 4.0m/s (was 3.8m/s).
- Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge effect duration increased to 60 seconds (was 30 seconds).
- Iridescent Umbrella Badge effect duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds, but was erroneously displayed as 12 seconds).
- Ritual of The Nemesis reduced to reaching maximum Mutation Rate one time (was 4).
- Various bug fixes and improvements to address performance issues on the Family Residence, Sanctum of Wrath and Midwich Elementary School.
- Blood Lodge and The Game maps are re-enabled.
- Updated a variety of survivors hair and facial hair cosmetics.
- Dev note: The Nemesis came out in a good state, but has been underperforming slightly in higher skill brackets. These players tend to hit Mutation Rate 3 more often, so a buff here should give him a slight boost at that level of play. Additionally, we have buffed two addons that were underperforming to make them more viable, and made the associated ritual less of a pain to complete.
- Fixed an issue that caused killers not to hear several sounds for survivors not currently visible on screen. This includes, but is not limited to, footsteps when using the Spirit’s phase walk.
- Fixed an issue that may cause a hitch to occur when using the Dead Hard perk.
- Fixed an issue that may cause Dead Hard’s invulnerability not to coincide with the dash effect.
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused survivors to keep some status effects, such as Lithe’s speed boost, for the remainder of the trial. The icon may now remain, but the effect will not be applied.
- Fixed an issue that caused bubble indicators not to appear for the Doctor when survivors reach a new madness level, scream while in tier 3 Madness, or fail Snap Out of It skill checks.
- Fixed an issue that caused the exit gates to be permanently blocked after Victor is removed if he pounces on a Survivor near the exit gate.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors not to be revealed by Killer Instinct when performing actions near Victor.
- Fixed an issue that caused teachable perks to not be unlocked after being bought in the shrine.
- Fixed an issue that caused bots to not always heal each other when next to a generator.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused survivor bots to get stuck in front of a killer blocking a vault point.
- Fixed an issue that caused player names containing a ’#’ to get truncated in game and on the tally screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a wrong benevolent emblem to be assigned.
- Fixed an issue that caused the unbreakable set to be breakable by the cosmetics previews in the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused purchases to fail when buying multiple items in a row in the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused frame hitches when a generator is repaired.
- Fixed an issue that caused frame hitches when a survivor is healed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hook count and the generator count to overlap each other when spectating a custom game.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pause menu to open and close constantly when holding the Escape key.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tricksters’ charge indicator to carry over to other Killers after completing a match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Prove Thyself icon to be displayed more than once in the HUD.
- Fixed an issue that caused one hatch in the Treatment Theatre that can’t be opened with keys.
- Fixed an issue that caused one side of generator cannot be repaired from Hawkins tile.
- Fixed an issue that caused a survivor can remain stuck near one of the building in Dead Dawg Saloon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse and Cenobite to teleport out of bounds on top of the basement in the east wing.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to clip into the stairs when cleansing a totem found under the stairs in some rooms in the Underground Complex.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to clip into the stairs when cleansing a totem found near the gallows in Dead Dawg Saloon.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor not being able to interact with one of the Nightmare’s clocks in Resident Evil map.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to get stuck when cleansing a specific totem in the Disturbed Ward.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cow tree in the Farm map to have no collision and makes looping difficult.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision for survivor and killer when falling off one side of a Hill.
- Fixed an issue that caused the color of the pallet to be less vibrant.
- Fixed an issue that caused loss of progress. Additional issues are still under active investigation.
For more on Dead By Daylight check out our other awesome guides.