Guardian Games have returned and brought with them the ability to enhance the unofficial gun of the games! It's not the worst in terms of grind and is actually straightforward. Competitive Catalyst is a quest that awards Guardians with the Heir Apparent Exotic Machine Gun catalyst. It is only available during Guardian Games, so Guardians who have had their eye on it will want to get it complete before the end of the event!
How to get the Heir Apparent Catalyst
- Unlock the Heir Apparent Exotic Machine Gun if not done already
- Deposit Medallions at the Podium in the Tower to receive the Competitive Catalyst quest
- Complete quest step 1: Earn 50 Medallion Points
- Complete quest step 2: Complete three Contender Cards
- Complete quest step 3: Collect 90 Competitive Spirit
Once those five steps are complete, Guardians will need to charge the catalyst by getting 700 kills with the Exotic Machine Gun. With the catalyst charged, Guardians can equip the catalyst, which increases the Arc Shield's durability and partially reloads the magazine if it is destroyed.
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out What is the Medallion Case in Destiny 2? on Pro Game Guides.