With its release on Tuesday, March 4, Final Fantasy XIV’s 6.38 patch made a number of tweaks and changes to the game, but didn’t add anything new. Still, the patch was important for a number of reasons, balance-wise, and because of some changes to elements like tomestones. Here’s the biggest changes in Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.38, in case you missed them:
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.38 summary
The most important changes in the Final Fantasy XIV patch 6.38 are summarized below:
Tomestone and Raid changes
The biggest and most important changes were to raids, ahead of the release of the third and final tier of the Pandaemonium raid series in patch 6.4. Essentially, most drops have been uncapped. For example:
- The weekly restriction on receiving Unsung Blades of Abyssos from Abyssos: The Eighth Circle has been removed.
- Two treasure coffers will now always appear. Furthermore, the weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
- The weekly entrance restriction on all areas of Pandæmonium: Abyssos (Savage) has been removed.
- Players may now proceed directly to any circle of Pandæmonium: Abyssos (Savage).
In addition, Moonshine Brine, can now be purchased from Nesvaaz, Radz-at-Han (X: 10.6 Y: 10.0)using an Aglaia Coin and a Euphrosyne Coin. After acquiring the items to enhance your equipment from J'lakshai, Wilmetta, or Nesvaaz, speak with Khaldeen in Radz-at-Han (X:10.9 Y: 10.4) and exchange them for augmented gear of your choice. These weapons and gear will be BiS until the release of 6.4.
Related: FFXIV Patch 6.4 The Dark Throne Breakdown – Aetherfont Dungeon, showdown with Golbez, & more
PvP Job Tweaks
Most jobs received at least some measure of changes in the patch to their PvP abilities. This addresses some balance concerns that some had towards the end of Crystalline Conflict Season 5.
- Phalanx - Reduced damage taken has been changed from 50% to 33%.
- Blota - Heavy effect duration has been reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.
- Phantom Rush - Potency has been increased from 10,000 to 12,000.
- Sky Shatter - Potency has been reduced from 20,000 to 18,000.Potency increase when targets are within 5 yalms has been changed from 30,000 to 32,000. Barrier strength has been changed from absorbing damage totaling 25% of maximum HP to absorbing damage equivalent to a heal of 24,000 potency.
- Fuma Shuriken - Range has been reduced from 25 to 20 yalms.
- Hyosho Ranryu - Range has been reduced from 25 to 20 yalms.
- Goka Mekkyaku - Range has been reduced from 25 to 20 yalms.
- Plentiful Harvest - Maximum potency has been increased from 20,000 to 24,000.
- Curing Waltz - Healing potency has been increased from 8,000 to 10,000.
- Burst - Barrier strength has been increased from 12,000 to 16,000.
- Magick Barrier - Effect duration has been increased from 8 to 10 seconds.
- Frazzle - Effect duration has been increased from 8 to 10 seconds.
- Southern Cross - Healing potency has been increased from 6,000 to 8,000. Damage potency has been increased from 6,000 to 8,000. Cure potency increase from White Shift has been reduced from 100% to 50%. Damage potency increase from Black Shift has been reduced from 100% to 50%.
- Adloquium - Cure potency has been reduced from 4,000 to 3,000. Barrier strength has been increased from 4,000 to 6,000.
- Fall Malefic - The recast time reduction granted by the additional effect "Reduces the recast time of Double Cast" has been changed from 7.5 to 10 seconds.
Related: Final Fantasy XIV Free Login Campaign, dates, end, how to claim
Crystalline Conflict changes and season end
The latest Crystalline Conflict season is coming to an end.
- Season Five will end and Season Six will begin from patch start, March 4.
- The top 100 ranking players from each data center will receive vouchers via the moogle delivery service.
- Players finishing in bronze tier or higher can claim rewards by speaking with the Seasonal Quartermaster at the Wolves' Den Pier (X: 4.9 Y: 5.7).
For more Final Fantasy XIV news, guides, and more, check out Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker Patch Schedule – 6.38 & 6.4 Release Date on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.38 – Biggest changes, and things you might have missed