Fortnite and Avengers are coming together for an Infinity War crossover limited-time event! Learn all there is to know about this Avengers + Fortnite event and all about the Infinity Gauntlet that you will be able to find!
Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet (Thanos) LTM Information
If you've been playing Fortnite then you'll kind of have an idea on how this event is going to work. This is a LIMITED TIME mode, which means it will likely last a week (could be longer, we'll see). We've had a lot of different types of events in the past, like Snipers, 50v50, Blitz Mode and more. These events allow Epic to experiment with different ways to play the game, as well as freshen up the game if you've grown a bit bored of the same old battle royale game.
According to the exclusive post by Entertainment Weekly the event is going to be a standard game of Fortnite with one big twist! You will be able to find the Infinity Gauntlet that features all six Infinity Stones! It will appear on the map, and whoever finds it and equips it will transform into Thanos and have the power of the gauntlet!
It turns out that the co-directors of Avengers: Infinity War were fans of Fortnite so they contacted the director of Epic Games and brainstormed some ideas on how they could work together:
“Out of the blue, I get this call from Joe. And after a bit of geeking out over each other’s work, we start brainstorming these crazy ideas,” Mustard recalled. “It was really important that whatever we did, it had to be super authentic to both Fortnite and the Avengers: Infinity War, and something that fans of both would be excited about. About an hour later, we had the bones of this awesome idea for a limited time gameplay mode, and almost immediately our team got started.”
Fortnite + Avengers Event Start Date
This limited time mashup was announced on May 7th, 2018 and will start tomorrow on May 8th, 2018!
Are there going to be Marvel Avenger Skins in Fortnite?
Unfortunately it looks there are no current plans to have Avenger skins in Fortnite any time soon. An Epic employee responded on Reddit answering the very popular question:
rq just because I've seen lots of folks asking, we have no plans for Avengers outfits in the store. - Source
Why aren't they doing it? I'm sure there would be a very good reason because these would obviously sell like hotcakes. Most likely to do with licensing or copyright etc.
LTM Match Information
This stuff is directly from Epic, but I will add any extra stuff if they missed anything interesting.
- Storm + Map
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, and delivers the Infinity Gauntlet. You will hear the meteor coming, so look to the sky to get an idea of where it landed and head in that direction.
- When you transform into Thanos you get 200 Shields and 800 HP and are immediately shot into the air high above the map.
- Thanos' Laser ability does 12 damage per tick to players.
- Thanos does not take fall damage.
- When Thanos eliminates a player his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos cannot build, use weapons or launch pads.
- If someone is transformed into Thanos, he is shown on the compass at the top of the screen (as is the Infinity Gauntlet when not in use). He's also shown on the map and mini-map.
- Thanos' Shields and Health are displayed at the top of the screen for all players in the game when there's an active Thanos.
- If Thanos is killed, the Infinity Gauntlet will be dropped and players can pick it up again. It will disappear if it is not picked up for a period of time, and a new gauntlet will land via a meteor.
- Thanos can perform emotes, so making him dance is pretty fun to watch. He can be Boogie Bombed, so that can be a good way to attack him.
- Thanos does takes the same damage as players do from the storm.
Update: Hotfix 5/8/2018
Looks like Epic has decided to nerf Thanos a bit, they posted the following hotfix information on Reddit:
We’ve just pushed a hotfix that will make the following changes to Thanos in the new Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup:
- Shield cap decreased from 300 to 200.
- Max Health increased from 700 to 800.
- Laser damage vs. players decreased from 15 to 12.
We’re going to continue monitoring feedback.
Good luck and have fun!
Thanos gets four different powers available to him when you grab the Infinity Gauntlet:
- Ability 1 - A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 - Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 - Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 - A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
Your abilities do not appear to have a cooldown, so they can used repeatedly.
Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet Thanos Tips and Tricks
Let's take a brief look at how to do well in this Fortnite + Avengers based limited time mode! We haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but these are some tips to think about before queuing up for the event.
- If you really want to get the Infinity Gauntlet, it can be a good strategy to just immediately pull out your glider once you jump out of the bus. You can float around and wait for the meteor to drop and then head in that direction!
- The key is survival! Grab some guns and look for a place to hide out. The gauntlet comes down to the map via a meteor, so it's going to be a bit luck based. Don't look for too many fights early if you want to become Thanos.
- Launch Pads are extremely important if you can find one. If the Gauntlet is on the map, then you will need to get to it as fast as possible so launching is a good way to do that. You can also use hop rocks for this purpose, so stick around the Dusty Divot if you can!
- If you see the gauntlet, you'll want to really dive for it. Throw walls up as you run for it if you are taking shots because the equip time is really quick.
Fighting Thanos Tips
- Thanos is very vulnerable when he is charging up his jumping launch ability. This is your chance to really unleash some shots onto him. The assault rifle is going to be one of your best bets for this, and due to the rarity changes in the mode you should have pretty good options available.
- The LMG and Minigun are also good for this purpose as well because they rip through his hp due to the fact that he's such a big target.
- Thanos can take critical damage, so be sure to be aiming for those headshots.
- Keep Thanos at a distance if possible. The majority of his abilities require him to be close to his target. Even his energy beams don't have that great of range.
- Because Thanos can't build and can only launch himself, being on top of a mountain is a great way to keep him away from you. If you climbed up via ramps, make sure to shoot them out behind you. Just be very careful if he's trying to land on you because you could get knocked off the mountain.
- Impulse Grenades are really good against Thanos. You can bounce yourself away when he's trying to land on you, plus you can push him back if he gets into melee range.
- If you have a Thanos that is trying to laser beam you to death, you can pretty easily build spam walls to block the damage.
- You'll want to get closer when Thanos is low hp so you can finish him and immediately grab the gauntlet. The equip time is super fast, so you can risk just diving for it once it drops.
Playing as Thanos Tips
- When you've turned into Thanos you want to be careful how you use your launch into the air ability, it makes you a sitting duck and you'll take a lot of damage if you have players on you that has any type of aim.
- When you want to launch you should try to do it behind or below cover. Any type of enclosed building or structure is great because Thanos will rip through walls above him.
- Punching players seems to be the most efficient way to get kills. The beam leaves you very vulnerable to gun fire.
- When you launch into the air, you can use your beam ability to hover in the air and fire at enemies.
- If you want to crash downwards from a launch press the punch ability and aim for where you want to land. You come down in kind of an arc, so this isn't an exact science.
- Eliminating players will regenerate your shields, so if you are in trouble try to get a quick kill to survive!