The Fortnite Battle Pass is a system that allows a player to earn in-game cosmetics and experience. Our Battle Pass guide will give you the ins-and-outs of this new addition to Fortnite Battle Royale!
What is a Battle Pass?
The Battle Pass gives players the ability to unlock cosmetic items for their Fortnite characters. There are two versions of the Battle Pass: Free & Paid. The free version has a lot less items to unlock and cuts off at tier 35. The paid version will instantly unlock a cosmetic outfit as well as rewards you for every tier you unlock. These rewards can vary from cosmetics, experience, experience boosts, v-bucks, and banner icons.
In Season one, there was just levels which you earned via getting experience. You still earn experience and levels, however, you need to earn Battle Stars to unlock tiers in your Battle Pass. You can earn Battle Stars by leveling up (1 per level) and hitting level milestones (level 10 earns you 10) or completing daily challenges. For every 10 Battle Stars (unverified) you earn you go up a tier which potentially unlocks a reward.
Keep in mind that you need to play the game to earn tiers, so even if you pay you will still have to play the game before you can access the high tiers of rewards. You can use V-Bucks to purchase tiers if you want to accelerate this process.
Battle Royale Season 2 Starting and Ending Dates
Season 2 for Fornite Battle Royale starts on December 14th and ends on February 20th! You will have until this time to complete your Battle Pass if you want to earn all of the cosmetics.
Fortnite Battle Pass Introduction Video
How much does a Fortnite Battle Pass Cost?
You don’t have to pay anything if you don’t want to, but to unlock the paid version it will cost you 950 V-Bucks (this is currently on sale and the normal price is 1,800 V-Bucks (might be a sales tactic)). 1,000 V-Bucks is currently $9.99 USD.
You can earn V-Bucks through the free Battle Pass at tiers 14 and 29, but each one is only 100 V-Bucks so you wouldn’t be able to use it to purchase the Battle Pass as of yet.
Free Battle Pass Cosmetics & Rewards List
Here’s a list of everything you can earn when just playing the game and earning tiers without paying money.
- Tier 2: Emoticon – LOL
- Tier 5: Emote – Wave
- Tier 8: Banner Icon – Salt
- Tier 11: Emoticon – Heart Hands
- Tier 14: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 17: Emoticon – Bullseye
- Tier 20: Emote – Ride the Pony
- Tier 23: 1,000 Season XP
- Tier 26: Banner Icon – Crosshairs
- Tier 29: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 32: Banner Icon – Shark
- Tier 35: Glider – Sir Glider The Brave
Paid Battle Pass Cosmetics & Rewards List
Here’s a list of all the cosmetics, icons, and emotes/emoticons you’ll get when you pay for a Battle Pass. You also get all the free ones as well! I’m not going to list every bonus, but they range from percentage boosts to xp for you and/or your friends as well as access to extra battle pass challenges (which reward Battle Stars for completion).
- Tier 1: Outfit – Blue Squire
- Tier 3: Banner Icon – Bush
- Tier 4: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 5: Emoticon – Clapping
- Tier 7: Harvesting Tool – Pulse Axe
- Tier 10: Banner Icon – Lion King
- Tier 11: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 12: Emoticon – RIP
- Tier 14: Glider – Get Down!
- Tier 15: Banner Icon – Army Bear
- Tier 17: Banner Icon – Dragon
- Tier 18: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 19: Emoticon – Rage
- Tier 21: Outfit – Royale Knight
- Tier 22: Emoticon – Peace
- Tier 24: Banner Icon – Planet w/Rings
- Tier 25: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 26: Emoticon – Dance Party
- Tier 28: Emote – The Worm
- Tier 29: Banner Icon – Bowling
- Tier 31: Banner Icon – Monster Truck
- Tier 32: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 33: Emoticon – Exclamantion
- Tier 35: Harvesting Tool – Axecalibur
- Tier 36: Emoticon – Flex
- Tier 38: Banner Icon – Ice Cream Cone
- Tier 39: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 40: Emoticon – MVP
- Tier 42: Glider – Royale X
- Tier 45: Banner Icon – Log
- Tier 46: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 47: Emoticon – Baited
- Tier 49: Emote – Floss
- Tier 50: Banner Icon – Birthday Cake
- Tier 52: Banner Icon – Tank
- Tier 54: Emoticon – Salty
- Tier 56: Outfit – Sparkle Specialist
- Tier 57: Emoticon – Stealthy
- Tier 59: Banner Icon – Gas Mask
- Tier 60: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 61: Emoticon – Potato Aim
- Tier 63: Harvesting Tool – AC/DC
- Tier 66: Banner Icon – Vulture
- Tier 67: 100x V-Bucks
- Tier 68: Emoticon – On Fire
- Tier 70 – Outfit Black Knight