Our Fortnite Driftboard Guide features information on where to find, how to use, controls, and tips and tricks for taking advantage of this new vehicle! If you've been hoping for some snowboard action in Fortnite then you are in luck!
The Driftboard is a pretty fun vehicle for getting around the map, you can boost yourself in the air and traverse pretty far when doing so. You can do various tricks by holding different directions while in the air, and it's just all-around a fun way to move through the map.
The Driftboard was delayed for a significant amount of time, but was finally released on February 19th, 2019.
Here's a map of a bunch of locations where you can find Driftboards. Credit to LootLake.info for the map.
Driftboard How-to Use/Controls
Jump on these like you would with any other vehicle in Fortnite! You will need to hold the button to get off of it, but you can control it with your standard movement keys. You can boost with the default sprint key which is L-Shift on PC. Jumping requires that you hold your chosen jump key.
Driftboard Tips & Tricks
- These are actually pretty slow if you aren't boosting it so you'll want to boost often. The positive is that the boost is pretty quick to recharge.
- The boost charge is displayed on the back of the board. You can boost when it turns green. The board is not fully charged when you jump onto it, but will start charging immediately after you've attached yourself to it. If you exit the board, it will immediately lose its charge.
- You can do tricks pretty much the same way you do them with any other vehicle. To do a back-flip you hold back, front-flips you hold forward, and to spin you hold left or right.
- You can't build while you are on the board, which means you are going to get obliterated if anyone starts firing at you.
- You can fire your weapons or use consumables while on the board. You can also loot, harvest, and revive teammates while on the board.