Our Fortnite Fortbytes Locations List Guide features all of the challenges and a cheat sheet map where to find all of the Fortbytes in Season 9! This is a new addition to the game, and collecting Fortbytes will unlock the Utopia Mystery Skin, as well as unlock styles for some of the new Battle Pass skins.
Fortbytes are small electronics that you will be collecting during your time in Season 9. These have seemingly replaced the hidden banners that were included with every other challenge, and are required to be collected to unlock the mystery skin for the season. Each day one will be unlocked, and you will have to complete the challenge to obtain it. This can be a lot of different things, including finding it on the map, dealing damage to enemies, gaining XP, leveling up your battle pass, completing challenges, and more!
Bookmark this post to stay up-to-date on all of the Fortbyte locations!
Most Recently Unlocked Fortbyte
Fortbyte #32 (Accessible by wearing Kyo Pet Back Bling at the northern most point) was unlocked on 5/26/2019! A new Fortbyte is available to collect each day at 6am PT.
Utopia Mystery Skin
Typically the mystery skin of each season has been earned by completing challenges in our battle pass. For Season 9, however, it requires you to obtain Fortbytes. You will need to locate and earn 90 different Fortbytes to unlock the Utopia mystery skin in this season. We don't know what it looks like just yet, but we will update this post with any leaks in the future.
Fortnite Fortbyte Cheat Sheet Map
Some of the Fortbytes you will need to collect are on the map. The map below will be updated with new locations when they are released. Check below the map for specific instructions on each of them!
Fortnite Fortbyte Detailed Solutions & Locations
06: Accessible with Yay! Emote at an ice cream shop in the desert
Head inside of the ice cream shop that's located to the west of the race track in the desert biome. Right at the entrance will be the Fortbyte you are looking to grab. Use the Yay! Emote right next to it, and you will be able to collect Fortbyte #06!
07: Accessible by using the Cuddle Up Emoticon inside a rocky umbrella
Head south east of The Block to the umbrella shaped hole, right where the handle would be. Just above the mine shaft area is a wooden structure that you can land on, and this is where you fill find the Fortbyte. Use the Cuddle Up Emoticon near it, and you will be able to collect the #7 Fortbyte!
08: Found within Junk Junction
Inside the main building in Junk Junction on the first floor you'll find a mattress that's laid on some wood planks that is facing a television. On top of the mattress will be Forbyte number 8!
13: Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #2
This is under a Port-a-Potty in the desert biome south of Paradise Palms. Crack open that Port-a-Potty, and you will find #13 inside.
16: Found in a desert house with too many chairs
Head to the very south of Paradise Palms, and you'll find a little town that is referred to as Westworld. In the house to the south west, you'll see a bunch of chairs in it. Break through these and make your way to the bedroom, in here will be the Fortbyte you are looking to collect!
17: Found inside a wooden fish building
The Fortbyte is located in the tail at the thermal pools near Lazy Lagoon and Pressure Plant, so you can edit your way down to the location that's in the water, or you can just destroy the poor fish to obtain the #17 Fortbyte!
22: Accessible by using Rox Spray in an underpass
Get over to Neo Tilted and you should find the Fortbyte near the big truck under the bridge. Use the Rox spray right next to it, and it will unlock allowing you to collect Fortbyte number 22!
24: Found within Fatal Fields
Head to the big house at Fatal Fields and on the second floor in the second door on the right that is furthest from the stairs you'll find the #24 Fortbyte!
32: Accessible by wearing Kyo Pet Back Bling at the northern most point
North east of Junk Junction is the spot we're looking to go to. You've likely been here before if you played in previous seasons, it was part of a Battle Pass challenge. To the west of the sign is a small pile of rocks, in the middle of those will be Fortbyte #32. As long as you have Kyo equipped, you should be able to collect it from this spot!
36: Accessible by Sentinel on a frozen island
Make sure to wear your Sentinel skin when you attempt to obtain this Fortbyte! This is on the island at the far south-west portion of the map, you will see the faint outline of it when you get close.
41: Accessible by using Tomatohead Emoticon inside the DurrrBurger restaurant
Head to Neo Tilted, and then to the huge DurrrBurger restaurant. Make your way inside through the entrance, and then head down to the ordering area. Jump over the counter and back towards the fryer and counter-tops on the right side, and you should find yourself the #41 Fortbyte! Use the Tomatohead Emoticon to unlock it.
47: Found between a Reboot Van, pirate camp, and a crashed battlebus
You can find this one just to the west of Lazy Lagoon! It's in the jungle area, it's not too hard to find.
55: Found within Haunted Hills
You can find this one in the north eastern building in Haunted Hills! It's in the corner near a chest spawn.
64: Accessible by Rox on top of Stunt Mountain
On the mountain north west of Neo Tilted, you can find Fortbyte #64. You have to be wearing the Rox outfit, which means you can't get this one if you don't have the paid battle pass.
72: Found within Salty Springs
There's a bright red truck in the middle of Salty Springs that has apparently been put on its side in some kind of crash. There's some construction stuff surrounding it, and in the cab of the truck you will find the #72 Fortbyte.
77: Found within a track side taco shop
Head to the racetrack in the desert biome. It's to the east of the ice cream shop you visited in the past. Behind the garage area of the taco stand is the Fortbyte. Break it down, and jump over the counter to easily access it!
81: Accessible in the daytime near a mountain top cactus wedge
You'll find the Fortbyte located directly under the dinosaur bones. Make sure it is DAYTIME, or it won't show up. Look for the sun to be in the sky.
82: Accessible by solving the pressure plate puzzle NW of The Block
You will need to head north west of The Block in the tree area to unlock this one. You will also need three other players to unlock it. Take a Squad over here if you've got one, or hope you'll find some players that don't shoot you immediately to get it done! Three people will have to continue to stand on the plates, while one grabs the Fortbyte.
92: Accessible by using Rock Love Spray near a lavafall
You'll find this Fortbyte just south of Pressure Plant. Make sure to have the spray equipped to your favorites for ease of use, it's unlocked at tier 2 in the free battle pass.
Fortnite Fortbyte Challenges List
On the first day of Season 9 there's 18 Fortbytes available that you can obtain. Each day in the future, there will be another one unlocked that will require you to complete a challenge of some sort. The challenges vary from just gaining xp, to going to a specific location on the map (even wearing a specific skin), gaining battle pass tiers, completing challenges, and more!
Currently Unlocked Fortbytes
- 01: Awarded for gaining 175,000 XP
- 06: Accessible with Yay! Emote at an ice cream shop in the desert
- 07: Accessible by using the Cuddle Up Emoticon inside a rocky umbrella
- 08: Found within Junk Junction
- 10: Awarded for gaining 60,000 XP
- 13: Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #2
- 16: Found in a desert house with too many chairs
- 17: Found inside a wooden fish building
- 22: Accessible by using Rox Spray in an underpass
- 24: Found within Fatal Fields
- 25: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 40
- 32: Accessible by wearing Kyo Pet Back Bling at the northern most point
- 35: Awarded for gaining 225,000 XP
- 36: Accessible by Sentinel on a frozen island
- 39: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 2
- 41: Accessible by using Tomatohead Emoticon inside the DurrrBurger restaurant
- 42: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 3
- 44: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 20
- 46: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 100
- 47: Found between a Reboot Van, pirate camp, and a crashed battlebus
- 55: Found within Haunted Hills
- 57: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 25 times
- 64: Accessible by Rox on top of Stunt Mountain
- 66: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 75 times
- 71: Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 1
- 72: Found within Salty Springs
- 77: Found within a track side taco shop
- 81: Accessible in the daytime near a mountain top cactus wedge
- 82: Accessible by solving the pressure plate puzzle NW of The Block
- 84: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 60
- 85: Awarded for gaining 30,000 XP
- 87: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 50 times
- 90: Awarded by finishing top 10 in squads, duos, or solo 100 times
- 92: Accessible by using Rock Love Spray near a lavafall
- 96: Awarded at Battle Pass Tier 80
- 99: Awarded for gaining 125,000 XP
Leaked Fortbyte Challenges
Some of the challenges have leaked, but the specific Fortbyte number they are attached to is unknown at the moment. One of these will be unlocked each day until either very late into or at the end of the season.
- Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 4
- Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 5
- Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 6
- Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 7
- Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 8
- Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 9
- Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 10
- Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #4
- Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #6
- Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #8
- Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen #10
- 26: Accessible with the Bunker Jonesy outfit near a snowy bunker
- 31: Found at a meteor crater overlook
- 50: Accessible at night time inside mountain top castle ruins
- 68: Found within a snowy town book shop
- 69: Found inside a stone pig building
- 74: Found in a filing cabinet inside an assassin's basement on the desert coast
- 76: Found behind a historical diorama in an insurance building
- 79: Found within an arcade
- 80: Accessible by using the Bunker Basher Pickaxe to smash the rock at the highest point of the Volcano
- 88: Found somewhere within map location J3
Fortbyte Wall Leak
If you're curious what these Fortbytes are hiding, then there's been a leak that shows a lot of the ones that are available unlocked. It looks like Bunker Jonesy had lost his mind in his purgatory that was shown in the trailer to Season 9. He appears to painting something in the bunker that him and Peely were inhabiting. You can see at the top right that the cube is shown, so he must be trying to figure out what caused all the craziness that has been happening on the island!