Just about two weeks into Season 6 of Fortnite Chapter 2, we're already being blessed with a patch to fix some of the most pressing issues. This is nothing new, of course, as most new major changes come with bugs. Still, we feel they're addressing them at substantial speed this Season!
Fortnite v16.10 Patch Notes
Before we begin, we'd like to note: Because these changes are still only listed as Fixed in the next patch update on the Fortnite Community Trello Board, we can't confirm that they're all perfect, nor that they're the only changes being made to the game. Still, you can refer to this list for the most significant changes coming with this patch.
This patch reached the staging servers on March 23, 2021. According to leakers, the 16.10 should be coming on Tuesday, March 30.
Due to Epic Games still not making official patch notes, and 50/50 handing out content creator patch notes, these changes happening to Fortnite in v16.10 will be concise and straight to the point.
- Raptors will be appearing
- Crafting/Loot Adjustments
- Creative Powerups now support Team, Class, and All combinations
- New STW Ventures on April 3rd @ 8 PM Eastern Time
- Primal Shotgun Fire Rate reduced
- Makeshift Shotgun Changes
- Crafting Material cost scales with rarity
- Bones & Mechanical Parts can appear as added floor loot
- Zero Crisis LTM Removed
- Moving Storm Changes in non-competitive modes for the final two zones.
We have the majority of the leaked cosmetics from this update, why not go and take a look!
As we state above, these are the issues marked on the Fortnite Community Trello Board as having been fixed in the next patch, so expect these issues to be fixed!
- Players cannot create system-level parties that include both PS5 and PS4 players.
- Players in Split Screen are having difficulties playing another match together because of the "Ready Up!" option not working properly.
- This issue has been marked as Fixed, but an Update shows that there might still be some issues. We're awaiting an update from Epic to see what this means.
- Several XP notifications appear when completing Legendary "Craft Items" Quests in a party.
- We're not sure if they fixed this because the Quest is no longer active, but it will no longer make it look like you leveled up when you didn't!
- Sometimes, the anomaly on Shark Island may not appear after completing the required steps.
- Legacies for Chapter 2 Season 5 are not showing up in the Career tab.
- Some players who enter the Storm are reporting decreased visibility in v16.00, making it difficult to navigate to the zone.
- Players report that opening their inventory while performing a tap to search/interact/Revive action will cancel that action.
- Quests given by characters in a match are not counting progression towards Quests that require the completion of other Quests of specific rarities.
- We have had several comments on our guides for Milestones and Legacies saying that some of these aren't working. We're looking forward to this fix!
- Stackable, consumable items are not splitting when using Shift+Drag to select or drop half of the stack using Keyboard+Mouse input.
- Players are experiencing slow-motion effects while playing Creative.
- Some A.I. are getting stuck in obstacles.
- Some player portals appear to say Creative Don't Fill.
The list above shows all the changes they have fixed that are available to the public. They seem on top of things this Season!
We've got the latest coverage for all the new content in Season 6! Check out our Complete Guide to Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6!