Genshin Impact is a game that has released tons of beloved characters. Out of these, some truly strong DPS characters, including some that use a bow. Ganyu is constantly referred to as one of the strongest characters in the game, especially when she is built correctly.
Ganyu's Playstyle in Genshin Impact
Ganyu is a five-star cryo bow-user who can be used in a DPS or support role. Her charged shots are her primary source of DPS and, at level two, will create a secondary AoE shot that deals wild damage. If you want to try her as a support, her Elemental Burst is extremely effective at setting up elemental reactions like Melt and Freeze due to its low internal cooldown applying Cryo to enemies rapidly. Because of this adaptability, Ganyu can be used in various team builds.
Best Weapons for Ganyu in Genshin Impact
After a year and a half since her release, her best-in-slot weapon is now the newly released Hunter's Path. That weapon can only be obtained from the weapon banner, though, and it doesn't really match her esthetically. The weapon designed for Ganyu, Amos' Bow, can be obtained passively via the standard banner. If you did wind up with an Amos' Bow on your account this way, pulling for Ganyu so she can use it properly would be a wise choice.
If you don't have a five-star bow for her, Prototype Crescent or Hamayumi are good, four-star budget options that you can craft with billets.
Best Artifacts for Ganyu in Genshin Impact
Because of her versatility, Ganyu can use many four-piece artifact sets. If you're building her to do damage, consider using the Gilded Dreams or Wanderer's Troupe artifact sets. If you want to use her as an Elemental Burst support unit, try Noblesse Oblige or Blizzard Strayer. Both builds benefit from Ganyu's high CRIT rate and CRIT damage, Attack, and Elemental Mastery. If you're going the Elemental Burst support route, you might consider trying to give her more Energy Recharge to increase her Burst's uptime.
Ganyu's Skills in Genshin Impact
Normal Attack: Liutian Archery
- Normal Attack
- Perform up to six consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged attack
- Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased damage.
- While aiming, an icy aura will accumulate on the arrowhead before the arrow is fired. Has different effects based on how long the energy has been charged:
- Charge level one: Fires off an icy arrow that deals Cryo damage.
- Charge level two: Fires off a Frostflake Arrow that deals Cryo damage. The Frostflake Arrow blooms after hitting its target, dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- Plunging Attack
- Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE damage upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Trail of the Qilin
- Leaving a single Ice Lotus behind, Ganyu dashes backward, shunning all impurity and dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- Ice Lotus
- Continuously taunts surrounding opponents, attracting them to attack it.
- Endurance scales based on Ganyu’s Max HP.
- Blooms profusely when destroyed or once its duration ends, dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- Ice Lotus
Elemental Burst: Celestial Shower
- Coalesces atmospheric frost and snow to summon a Sacred Cryo Pearl that exorcises evil.
- During its ability duration, the Sacred Cryo Pearl will continuously rain down shards of ice, striking opponents within an AoE and dealing Cryo damage.
- Preserved for the Hunt
- Refunds 15% of the ore used when crafting Bow-type weapons.
- Undivided Heart
- After firing a Frostflake Arrow, the CRIT rate of subsequent Frostflake Arrows and their resulting bloom effects is increased by 20% for five seconds.
- Harmony Between Heaven and Earth
- Celestial Shower grants a 20% Cryo damage bonus to active party members in the AoE.
Ganyu's Constelleations in Genshin Impact
- Dew-Drinker: Constellation level one.
- Charge Level 2 Frostflake Arrows or Frostflake Arrow Blooms decrease opponents’ Cryo resistance by 15% for six seconds upon hit.
- A hit also regenerates two Energy for Ganyu.
- This effect can only occur once per Charge Level two Frostflake Arrow, regardless if Frostflake Arrow itself or its Bloom hits the target.
- The Auspicious: Constellation level two.
- Trail of the Qilin gains one additional charge.
- Cloud-Strider: Constellation level three.
- Increases the Level of Celestial Shower by three. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Westward Sojourn: Constellation level four.
- Opponents standing within the AoE of Celestial Shower take increased damage. This effect strengthens over time.
- Increased damage taken begins at 5% and increases by 5% every three seconds, up to a maximum of 25%.
- The effect lingers for three seconds after the opponent leaves the AoE.
- The Merciful: Constellation level five.
- Increases the Level of Trail of the Qilin by three. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- The Clement: Constellation level six.
- Using Trail of the Qilin causes the next Frostflake Arrow shot within 30 seconds not to require charging.
What you will need to ascend Ganyu in Genshin Impact
Most of the materials Ganyu requires are easy to obtain in the early game because she is a character from Liyue. If you need help finding the materials, check out our farming guide.
Best Party Members For Ganyu
If you are building Ganyu to be the main DPS in a team, surround her with Anemo support units like Venti or Sucrose or Hydro and Pyro support units like Kokomi or Bennet. In a support role, Ganyu can boost a frozen team with Ayaka or Ayato. She can also set up Melt reactions for Pyro DPS characters such as Diluc or Yoimiya.
For more Genshin Impact content, check out Best Mona build in Genshin Impact – Weapons, artifacts, and more! on Pro Game Guides.