The First Great Magic is a Genshin Impact five-star bow that offers DPS-boosting stats, making it great for characters who act as main damage dealers in the team. However, I highly recommend getting to know this bow before deciding to pull for it, as its passive has conditional effects that make it a niche choice compared to other amazing bows in the game. Here's everything you need to know about The First Great Magic.
How to get The First Great Magic in Genshin Impact
The First Great Magic is a limited weapon that can only be obtained whenever it's featured on rate-up in the Epitome Invocation banner, which you can pull on using Primogems and Intertwined Fates. As such, you need to wait for it to rotate and chart an Epitomized Path to guarantee Everlasting Moonglow at the third pity.
Genshin Impact The First Great Magic stats
- Base Attack: 46 to 608
- Substat: Crit Damage (14.4 to 66%)
- Passive: Parsifal the Great
- Damage dealt by Charged Attacks increased by 16/20/24/28/32%. For every party member with the same Elemental Type as the wielder (including the wielder themselves), gain one Gimmick stack. For every party member with a different Elemental Type from the wielder, gain one Theatrics stack.
- When the wielder has one, two, three, or more Gimmick stacks, Attack will be increased by the following:
- One Gimmick stack: 16/20/24/28/32%
- Two Gimmick stacks: 32/40/48/56/64%
- Three Gimmick stacks: 48/60/72/84/96%
- When the wielder has one, two, three, or more Theatrics stacks, Movement Speed will be increased by the following:
- One Theatrics stack: 4/6/8/10/12%
- Two Theatrics stacks: 7/9/11/13/15%
- Three Theatrics stacks: 10/12/14/16/18%
Genshin Impact The First Great Magic Ascension Cost & Materials
Below are all the Ascension materials necessary to raise The First Great Magic to Ascension level six, which can be farmed from the following sources:
- Oceanic materials: Underwater enemies in Fontaine
- Tainted Water: Tainted Water Phantasms in Fontaine
- Branch of a Distant Sea: Echoes of the Deep Tides (Monday, Thursday, Sunday)
Ascension Phase One
x3 Transoceanic Pearl
x5 Drop of Tainted Water
x5 Fragment of an Ancient Chord
Ascension Phase Two
x12 Transoceanic Pearl
x18 Drop of Tainted Water
x5 Chapter of an Ancient Chord
Ascension Phase Three
x9 Transoceanic Chunk
x9 Scoop of Tainted Water
x9 Chapter of an Ancient Chord
Ascension Phase Four
x14 Transoceanic Chunk
x18 Scoop of Tainted Water
x5 Movement of an Ancient Chord
Ascension Phase Five
x9 Xenochromatic Crystal
x14 Newborn Tainted Hydro Phantasm
x9 Movement of an Ancient Chord
Ascension Phase Six
x18 Xenochromatic Crystal
x27 Newborn Tainted Hydro Phantasm
x6 Echo of an Ancient Chord
Who can use The First Great Magic in Genshin Impact?
The First Great Magic has two main conditions you need to fulfill to trigger the full effects of its passive. First, the wielder must always use a Charged Attack. Second, your team must either be a mono Element team or every party member must have a different Element.
These are the characters who can make the best use of this bow, assuming you fulfill the above conditions:
For more five-star weapon options, check out Aqua Simulacra: How to get, Ascension, stats, and who can use it in Genshin Impact here on Pro Game Guides.