Image by Pro Game guides

Marvel Snap variant rarity explained

Variants are the spice of life.

The core of Marvel Snap is turn-based one-on-one battling. Choose your deck of 12 cards and go head-to-head against another player, battling over three randomized locations. And to the winner, the spoils. But after the battle, you get to level up your cards and also claim Gold and other rewards. These often allow you to grab rare variant cards, from some of your favorite Marvel artists to cute, pixelated versions of all the heroes. Here you’ll find the Marvel Snap variant system explained.

Recommended Videos

How to get Rare, Super Rare, and Ultimate variant cards

The most common way to get variant cards is with Gold in the in-game store’s daily offer, which resets daily at 3am GMT. Six random cards are made available daily, each Rare costing 700 Gold and each Super Rare costing 1,200 Gold. Around 75 percent of variants fall into the Rare category, with Super Rares making up the other 25 percent. The offering is completely random.

Related: Marvel Snap Card Levels, Explained

You can also buy Ultimate level rare cards in the Token Shop for 5,000 Collector’s Tokens. But you will only get access to the Token Shop (which is also in the store, beneath the other variants) once you reach a Collection Level of 500. Even then, there is only a 2.5 to 6.25 percent chance of an Ultimate Variant appearing each day. But remember that even if you can’t buy it immediately (if you are short of Collector’s tokens), you can pin it and come back another day.

Variant cards also become available during limited-time events, such as each Season Pass. Some will be specific to a particular Season Pass Level and will only be available if you have paid for the Premium Pass. But there will also be random variant cards available for FTP players in each Season Pass, on levels listing a Mystery Variant as a reward.

What more Marvel snap info? Check out Marvel Snap – Who Reveals First? and Marvel Snap Season Cache – Contents and Drop Rates here at Pro Game Guides.

Pro Game Guides is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more about our Affiliate Policy
Image of Chris Marling
Chris Marling
Chris Marling is a writer and editor with more than 20 years of experience across newspapers, magazines, and websites. Based in the UK, he has written professionally on everything from tech to tearooms. But his real passion is gaming, going right back to the Atari 2600 - and especially RPGs and MMOs. He cut his teeth on games such as The Realm and Anarchy Online. But 20 years on still gets excited about exploring each new world. When not online, you'll find him gaming analog-style around the table. Chris has had five of his own board games published, including Pioneer Days and Armageddon.

Write A Comment

Marvel Snap variant rarity explained

Comments are on moderation and will be approved in a timely manner. Please read the following rules before commenting:

  • All comments must be on topic and add something of substance to the post
  • No swearing or inappropriate words
  • No asking or begging for anything free
  • Do not attempt to start a poll in the comments
  • Comments in all CAPS will be removed
  • We reserve the right to remove a comment for any reason
  • Do not impersonate a staff member or influencer

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.