Weather in Minecraft can sometimes obstruct your vision and prevent you from doing various activities in the game. However, by using a particular command, you can get around this otherwise unavoidable problem.
How to use the Weather command in Minecraft
To change the weather in Minecraft, you will need to use the cheat command /weather with a phrase after it. But before you can use this command, you will need to make sure cheats are activated. To activate cheats, you will have to click the option to do so when creating a new world.
For all platforms, the option to turn cheats on, will be on the same menu where you create a new world as shown above. You can also turn cheats from inside your game world by going to either game options or opening the game to lan.
Once cheats are activated, you can use the following phrases listed below with the /weather command.
- Clear: Typing /weather clear in chat or the console command will stop both rain and thunder and change it to sunny and clear weather.
- Rain: Typing /weather rain in chat or the console command will make the game start to rain
- Thunder: Typing /weather thunder in chat or the console command will make the game start to thunder.
The following list below will explain how to use the command on all platforms.
- Java, Mac, Windows 10, and Education Edition: Press the "T" key to open the chatbox, and then type or copy and paste /weather clear to change the weather.
- Xbox: Press the D-pad once to open the Minecraft chat on Xbox; after this type out /weather clear.
- Playstation: Press the D-pad once to open the Minecraft chat on Playstation; after this type out /weather clear.
- Switch: Press the right arrow button on the controller to open the chat menu; after this, type out /weather clear.
For more on Minecraft, PGG has you covered. You can find both guides and news stories on nearly everything for the game on our game page for Minecraft.