Our Archero Chapter 2 Guide will walk you through some tips and tricks that should help you complete this stage and all its levels in the game. The second chapter in the game is actually not too terrible, and if you got through the first chapter, then you'll likely be pretty much prepared for the second. However, if you are struggling, particularly with the Tornado boss, we've got some pretty extensive details on the level to get you through!
Archero Chapter 2: General Tips & Ability Choices
You are going to just pick the pretty standard stuff from the tier list for chapter 2. Ricochet, Multishot, Front Arrow, Bouncy Arrow, Piercing (if you aren't using Tornado), Diagonal Arrows, Attack Boost, Attack Speed Boost, Crit Master, HP Boost, and Blaze are your primary targets.
- Always try to grab the buff from the Angel in the middle of the level. Only take health if it's absolutely necessary. You will get a heal from the angry chest right before the boss, so you should hopefully be able to avoid losing up until then. You can also sometimes get a random heal from an enemy you've killed.
- If you get the Health Boost option, then this will actually give you a small heal because it increases your health pool by a percentage. So, if you need to heal, you might just want to take the boost instead.
- Always be very careful around environmental hazards like spikes. While they are usually pretty easy to avoid, sometimes they are placed in a way that can set you up to take unnecessary damage. Go slow around these to make sure you don't take a hit!
- Focus on dodging rather than damaging. It's easy to get in the habit of just wanting to deal a ton of damage, but it's usually better to focus on maneuvering around projectiles and enemies to preserve your health.
- Always try to take the Devil's offer. This is a pretty valuable ability, and unless it's a really bad option, you should always be trying to take it. I generally avoid the walking on water and walk through walls abilities. They aren't bad, but I don't find them super useful.
- Use the water spots on the map to separate yourself from melee monsters. They will have to walk around these obstacles to get to you, and that gives you time to deal a bunch of damage before they do!
Archero Guides Coverage
- Archero Best Pets Tier List – All Available Pets List!
- Archero Best Abilities & Skills Guide – Top Choices for Getting Further in Your Runs!
- Archero Abilities & Tier List – All Available Skills!
- Archero Best Weapons Tier List – Spear, Staff, Tornado, Scythe, Bow, or Blade?
- Archero Gems, Coins, Energy Guide – How-to Farm, What to Spend Them On?
- Archero How-to Get Pets, Equipment, & Scrolls
- Archero Beginner Tips & Tricks – Learn How-to Get Better!
- Archero Talents List – All Currently Available Talents
- Archero Chapter 3 Guide – Tips & Tricks, How-to Beat the Dragon Boss!
- Archero Chapter 4 Guide – Tips & Tricks – How-to Defeat the Tree Boss!
Archero Chapter 2: Enemy Tips
- Blue Spiders: These are new enemies you'll encounter in this chapter. They are kind of just like the green slimes from chapter 1, but they're a bit more beefy and move quickly. They don't aggressively target you, so just try to stay out of their way.
- Hiding Plants: Not sure what to call these monsters, but they are brown and they burrow under the ground and pop up to shoot projectiles at you. The best way to deal with these is to stand still for a slight bit and let them aim at you, once they've locked on the area they are going to fire, you can move. They won't shoot elsewhere once they've locked to the spot, so you can safely avoid the flying red orbs. It's also important to note that the walls won't block the projectiles! These can be a bit annoying if you are playing a slow weapon, because you might not get a lot of shots in on them.
- Purple Carnivorous Plants: These kind of remind me of the Piranha Plants from Mario games. They will target you pretty quickly once they see you, and you'll see a red path on where they are going to fire. These enemies shoot quite a bit faster than the archers from the first chapter, so you'll just want to find a spot on the map that isn't covered in red immediately. They do take a bit afterwards to target you again, so you should be able to burn these guys down pretty quickly.
- Tornado Skeletons: Probably one of the more annoying enemies in the chapter. These monsters fire off tornadoes that go left and right horizontally from where they fired. These will actively attempt to track you, while still doing their whole weaving left and right. The walls stop these from hitting you, so I've found that's the easiest way to avoid them. However, if you don't have a wall to use, try to follow their movements and then move immediately forward away from them when they are moving away from you. This might take some practice!
- Green Snakes: These are melee styled monsters, and they will kind of move around and eventually lock onto you. Once they lock on, they are going to lunge forward after you! So, always be moving around these guys, and try to stay as far away from them as possible.
- Electric Turret: This will generally be in the center of the level, and it stays there and doesn't move. What it does do, is places little lightning circles all-around the map and eventually drops a bolt of lightning on them. They are pretty obvious and easy to avoid, so I don't focus on this enemy if I don't have to.
- Purple Crocodiles: These dinosaur looking guys are pretty big and bulky and fire a large amount of flames once they've settled in on a target. The key to these guys is getting a feel for the distance you need to be away from them and their flames. The flames they fire have a specific reach distance, and if you learn that you can always avoid them and just easily hit them with your weapon. Once they lock in, they won't move until they complete their attack. So, you should be able to avoid these pretty easily.
- Red Bomb Ghosts: These are similar to chapter one in that they lob bombs at you, but these ones lob multiple bombs at you. They can be quite dangerous, and once you come across them in the level, they can be lurking on any of the future levels. Always try to remain moving against them, because the bombs leave a small fire hazard where they drop.
- Yellow Skeletons: Standard melee style of monster, they split into multiple skeletons when you kill the first phase.
Archero Chapter 2: Boss Tips
Big Hiding Plant
This is a much larger version of the big hider plants that are mentioned in the enemy tips section. It's brown, burrows, fires red projectiles, and fiery balls of flame! The easiest one to avoid is the fireballs it launches at you, they are slow moving and you just need to be ready to move immediately when you see them coming. You'll need to move a fair bit, because they have a relatively large explosive area and it leaves fire behind as a hazard!
The other thing this big plant does is fires off kind of a lob of multiple red projectiles. To dodge this one, you'll kind of need to look for a hole in the mass of random projectiles and position yourself into it. You'll also want to stay pretty far away from the monster, because it spreads out a bit more as it travels, this gives you time to maneuver your way into a safe spot.
The third attack is just a four shot of red projectiles that go to the left, center, and right. Just stay further away from him, and then find the hole in the projectiles so you can dodge it.
If you want to really cheese this boss, you can just literally run right into it and sit there next to it attacking. The boss won't be able to hit you, and you don't take damage from touching it. This makes this boss very easy to kill!
Red Spider Boss
If you remember the red owl boss from the first chapter, then the spider boss is very similar. You mostly just attack it while it moves around, and once you've done enough damage to it, it will split into multiple spiders. The boss will randomly fire out red projectiles all-around it, but if you keep your distance they should be pretty easy to avoid. Any of the AOE styled abilities are good against it, especially Ricochet which is one of the best. When the spiders get smaller, each one of them can fire off projectiles, so be careful if they fire all at the same time!
Big Tornado Skeleton
One of the hardest bosses in the chapter if you don't know the trick to him. It launches a ton of those annoying tornadoes that go left and right while kind of tracking you down. A good tip is to sit in the corner of the map, and just launch your attacks at the boss. The tornadoes will generally run into the walls, and while you might get hit once in a while, you'll probably get hit less then if you actively try to dodge them.
If you have pretty good damage, you should be able to melt the boss down pretty quickly by sitting in that corner!
Red Owl Boss x2
The little owl boss from chapter one is back, and it has brought a friend along! Each time you drain one of their health bars, another couple will spawn until they get too small and eventually perish. AOE types abilities like Ricochet, Diagonal Arrow, and Bouncy Arrows are the best for this. Just try to avoid running into them, and they should go down relatively easily.
Big Purple Carnivorous Plant
This big guy will fire off some of those quick projectiles at you that you will need to quickly avoid. You'll also want to keep moving, because he will launch forward at you and try to get in some melee damage. When he lands, he fires out four projectiles that come out from his front, back, left, and right! The key to this one is staying moving, because the projectiles are quite fast and you might not be used to the speed. The projectiles will also explode once they hit a wall, so make sure you stay pretty far away from them if you are near the walls! Another thing to watch out for is a little orange spark animation that is right under him. That means he's about to launch at you, so make sure to start moving out of the way when you see it!
His final attack is similar to his small counterparts in that it shows three red beams that display where the attack is going. They are like diagonal arrows, so be ready to move in-between them depending on your position!