NBA 2K23 introduces several new badges while removing some old ones from NBA 2K22. The new badges have some interesting abilities, so you may see some new badge builds and different strategies used. Here are all the new badges in NBA 2K23 and what they do.
New Shooting Badges in NBA 2K23
- Agent 3: Increases ability to make pull up or spin shots from three-point range.
- Amped: Reduces fatigue penalty for player and shot-making.
- Claymore: Increases shooting ability from the perimeter when taking time to set feet.
- Comeback Kid: Increases mid-range and three-point shooting ability when trailing in the game.
- Guard up: Increases jump-shot ability when not properly contested.
- Middy Magician: Boosts the effectiveness of pull up, spin, and fadeaway shots from mid-range.
Related: NBA 2K23 Locker Codes
New Playmaking Badges in NBA 2K23
- Clamp Breaker: Improves ability to fight off contact, protect ball, and drive past defenders.
- Vice Grip: Increases ball security after obtaining a loose ball, rebound, or catch.
New Defensive Badges in NBA 2K23
- Boxout Beast: Improves box-out ability on both offensive and defensive sides of the ball.
- Challenger: Improves effectiveness of well-timed shot contests on the perimeter.
- Glove: Improves steal ability on ball-handlers.
New Finishing Badges in NBA 2K23
- Aerial Wizard: Increases ability to finish alley-oop or perform a putback dunk.
- Bully: Improves ability to initiate contact and get to the rim for layups.
- Masher: Improves ability to finish at the rim, especially over smaller defenders.
Some of the new badges just package two badges from the previous year together, and some expand what previous badges could do. However, there are a few new, possibly game-changing badges that many players will probably take in MyPlayer.
The Guard Up, Comeback Kid, and Amped shooting badges are very helpful in many situations on offense. The finishing badges are essentially all repackaged ones from last year, but Masher and Bully will be must-takes for bigs. Clamp-Breaker will be a great counter to Clamps and Menace, but players will most likely stop taking both of those because of Clamp-Breaker. The playmaking badges did not change much, but Vice Grip may be important if stealing soon after gaining possession is easier.
NBA 2K23 seems to focus on expanding shooting badges, giving players more options for the offensive end, however, defensive badges can still counter the best shooters in NBA 2K23.
For more NBA 2K23 guides, check out Is the NBA 2K23 Michael Jordan Edition worth it? on Pro Game Guides.