Nintendo Switch has a huge library of games, including several online multiplayer titles. Although these games require multiple people and allow you to play with your friends, that may not always be what you want. Here's a guide on how to appear offline to users on your Nintendo Switch friends list.
How to appear offline on Nintendo Switch
- From the home screen of your Nintendo device, head over to your profile page. You can do this by selecting the circular badge icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Once your profile page opens, scroll all the way down to the User Settings tab.
- From this menu, scroll down until you see the Friends Settings column and then select the first option, i.e., Friend Settings.
- Interacting with the Display online status to tab will open a list with the following three options:
- All Friends
- Best Friends
- No One
- Choose No One to hide your online presence while you are playing games on your Nintendo Switch. Moreover, you can select any one of these options depending on who you want to share your online status with.
Related: Best Sports Games on Nintendo Switch
This feature allows you to display or hide your online status and comes in handy at times. If you want some lone time with your favorite game without letting your friends know, you can simply hide your visibility. Make sure to revert this status setting back to All Friends if you want to play with others.
Stay tuned to Pro Game Guides for more Nintendo Switch news and guides. In the meantime, head over to our article on Nintendo’s mobile gacha RPG, Dragalia Lost, is shutting down.