The Overwatch 2 Beta has launched with the brand new Hero, Junker Queen. Junker Queen is a new Tank hero in Overwatch 2 with a very unique kit and passive ability. Here is everything you need to succeed as the Australian Queen.
Junker Queen Abilities
Junker Queen fills an aggressive berserker playstyle revolving around her unique wound passive. The wound is applied to enemies with the Jagged Blade or Carnage ability. If Junker Queen hasn't thrown her blade, it can also be applied by a quick melee. This Passive will heal you over time while damaging enemies.
- Scattergun (Weapon) - A short-range pump-action shotgun.
- Jagged Blade (Alternate Fire) - Active: Throw your blade at an enemy. Can re-activate to return it. Adds wound effect. Passive: Quick Melee wounds enemies.
- Carnage ('E' Ability) - Wound all enemies in front of you, dealing damage over time.
- Commanding Shout ('LShift' Ability) - Increase your health by 200 and nearby allies health by 100. Increases movement speed by 30%.
- Rampage (Ultimate) - Charge Forward. Wound Enemies, dealing damage over time and preventing them from being healed.
- Adrenaline Rush (Passive) - Heal from all damage over time dealt by wounds.
In Overwatch 2 all roles also have an additional passive. For tanks, this reduces knockback received and less ultimate is generated by healing and damage received to the tank.
Junker Queen General Tips
Junker Queen is an aggressive tank, with no shield or way to mitigate damage that is being received by your team. To be effective you need to be a threat to the enemy by being aggressive, applying the wound effect as often as possible, and staying alive in the fight.
- Commanding Shout is your primary tanking ability.
- Offensively, use it as an initial ability to signal your team to attack.
- Defensively use it to protect your supports from attackers.
- Jagged Blade with pull enemies towards you when returning it if they were stuck with the blade. Try to stick support to pull them towards your team for easy kills.
- The blade can also apply wound to enemies in its path when returning to you.
- Spend some time in the practice range getting used to the projectile drop-off, you should aim above the target you're trying to hit.
- Rampage charges in a straight line in front of you, try to line up as many enemies as possible, similar to Reinhardt's Earthshatter.
- Quick Melee often to apply wound. Quick Melee also does extra damage as Junker Queen.
Junker Queen Playstyle
Junker Queen has a lot of similarities to Reinhardt's playstyle, as you want to get in close with the enemies and apply pressure as much as possible. With Junker Queen however you'll be using your abilities to trigger wound on as many enemies as possible to keep yourself alive. Time your commanding shouts to help you close the distance on enemies to follow up with Carnage to apply the wound effect and then brawl with the DPS and Support, leaving the enemy Tank as Junker Queen does not have enough damage to kill tanks without assistance. If you stick an enemy with Jagged Blade, use your Scattergun to follow up when you pull them, as they will have time to escape Carnage.
For more on Overwatch 2, check out Everything we know about Overwatch 2 – Early Access Date, Platforms, PvE & more right here on Pro Game Guides.