If you have been experiencing issues getting the Steam launcher to launch Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis, you are not alone, and there is a way to fix it.
Start by holding down both the windows key (the one with the windows logo on your keyboard) and R. After this, copy and paste %appdata% into a prompt that will appear on your screen.
This will then take you to your computer's Appdata folder, and you will then need to create a folder if it doesn't already exist called Sega.
Then inside the folder, create another called PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM by right-clicking and hold your cursor over new and then folder.
Once that's done, open that folder up and create a small text file called steamupdate.txt, and then put v7000_rc_135 inside the text file.
After this, you should be able to launch the Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis again and download any updates for the game. As a side note, do not verify the files or the game will simply redownload the game, wasting your time.
That said, here's a recap on what you need to do to fix the steam launcher.
- Hold both windows key and R
- Copy-paste into %appdata% windows command prompt
- Create a folder called Sega inside your appdata folder if it is not there already.
- Inside this folder create another called PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM
- Make a text file called steamupdate.txt with the text inside of it v7000_rc_135.
For more on Phantasy Star Online New Genesis, check out How to download Phantasy Star Online 2 New GENESIS on PC and All weapons in Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis