Eventually, players must find shelter but to properly secure their base, they should board up all windows in Project Zomboid. However, boarding up windows and creating barricades is a challenging feature for new players to understand.
How to board up Windows in Project Zomboid
To barricade windows and doors in Project Zomboid, players need a hammer, some nails, and wood planks. After players have all three items, they can board up and barricade windows or doors by right-clicking on them and selecting the barricade option. Using metal sheets, you can also create barricades, but it requires a propane torch and a welder mask. The last method for barricading windows uses three metal bars, but this method also requires a propane torch and welder mask. Here's where and how to get all items required to board up windows in Project Zomboid:
- How to get Hammers - Players can get hammers by looting garages and tool cabinets, and other logical locations such as storage units and large factories.
- How to get Nails - You can get nails in the same locations as hammers and other tools. In short, garages, tool cabinets, and other containers. You can also gain nails by disassembling furniture such as doors and containers.
- How to get Planks - The best way to get wooden planks in Project Zomboid is by disassembling various furniture. You can disassemble most types of furniture if you have one saw and a hammer.
- How to make Planks - Players can make wooden Planks by right-clicking on items such as doors or cabinets and clicking the disassemble option.
- How to get a Welder Mask - Search simliar locations for tools to find a welder mask in Project Zomboid. Some of the best locations include the following: garages, tool sheds, bins/metal shelves, crates, and metalworker and construction worker vehicles.
- How to get a Propane Torch - Similar to other locations for tools, we recommend searching garages, tool sheds, storage units, and large factories or tool stores for a propane torch.
- How to get Metal Sheets - Players can find metal sheets in the trunk of construction or metalworking vehicles. Storage units, garages, tool stores, factories, crates/metal shelves, and other logical locations can also have Metal Sheets.
- How to make Metal Sheets - To make metal sheets by unlocking the recipe from Metalwork Magazine Vol. 4. Once unlocked, it requires four small metal sheets plus a welder mask and a propane torch to craft normal metal sheets. You also need level four in metalworking before you can craft Metal Sheets.
- How to get Metal Bars - You can get metal bars in the same locations as most tools and related resources, such as Storage units, garages, tool stores, and crates/metal shelves.
Total Barricading resource cost in Project Zomboid
The following is the total cost of barricading windows and doors per Barricade.
- one metal sheet + welders mask + propane torch
- three metal bars + welders mask + propane torch
- four planks + eight nails + one hammer
Other ways to get wooden planks in Project Zomboid
Players can also chop down trees and use a saw to make wooden planks in Project Zomboid. To chop a tree down, players must right on them or manually chop the tree by swinging the axe into it. After chopping down a tree, right-click on the logs and select the option to make planks.
How to get a Fire Axe in Project Zomboid
You can find axes often inside fire stations, crates and other storage containers for tools. When you find a Fire Axe or a simliar item, you can use it to chop down trees by right-clicking on them.
For more on Project Zomboid, we at PGG have you covered with guides like All Project Zomboid Moodles and how to deal with them and Project Zomboid Servers List.