The Resident Evil 4 Remake released to critical acclaim, but there were still some nagging issues that had to be addressed post-launch. One big point of concern was the dead zones found on the Xbox Series X|S, and the 1.05 update gave even further attention to the problem.
What's changed in Resident Evil 4 Remake 1.05 update?
The update targets the dead zone issues on the Xbox and further alleviates the problem, but Capcom also announced a fix to a popular speedrunning strategy. A glitch with the sniper scope allowed players to phase through doors without the need to clear out areas, but Capcom has put an end to that with this update.
All in all, it seems like the game will feel better for Xbox players, which is a good thing since the dead zone problems were specific just to that platform. Here's a look at everything changed in the April 23 update.
Resident Evil 4 Remake 1.05 update patch notes
[PlayStation®5 / PlayStation®4 / Xbox Series X|S / Steam]
- An issue where certain key items become unobtainable, preventing the player from progressing through the main story, has been fixed. (Announced March 31, 2023)
- An issue causing players to warp through walls when using the scope in certain areas has been fixed.
[PS5 / PS4]
- Incorrect text displaying for certain trophy explanations in some languages has been fixed.
(Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish)
- An issue preventing the game from launching when downloadable content has been installed and an account with content restrictions is logged in has been fixed.
- Fixes to the stick dead zone (the range in which the controller’s sticks don’t respond to movement) made on April 7 have been further adjusted.
- Changes to the graphics rendering process made on April 7 have been readjusted.
[PS5 / PS4 / XSX|S / Steam]
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
For more Resident Evil 4 Remake guides, take a look at Resident Evil 4 Remake – Infinite Knife Durability Guide on Pro Game Guides.