Last week, the Sea of Thieves developers brought in significant changes to the game's mechanics by introducing Seasons, new Events, Renown, and Trials. While this was largely considered a good move and brought in a huge amount of new players and old players alike, it came with some major issues that needed to be fixed. That's primary what this new update has improved! It doesn't look like an major content is being added, unfortunately. Still, you can tell they are dedicated to making these latest changes truly remarkable!
Sea of Thieves Update Patch 220.127.116.11
As stated, the central theme to this update seems to have been improvements and fixes to the new features implemented last week. However, there have been other additional fixes to the core game! Check out the list below to see what's better.
- Season One
- Improvements made to the speed in which notifications appear for Renown, Voyages, and Trials. This was primarily an issue at times when player usage was high.
- Addressed an issue where players were frequently seeing Season Data is Temporarily Unavailable in the Pirate Log
- The issue where Seasonal progress reverted back to the previous level has been fixed.
- Lost Shipment Voyages
- They've fixed an issue where the ship's final location could sometimes get stuck in rocks. They have also changed it so Merchant Cargo is now consistently found in the Captain's Cabin when players are doing extended Voyages.
- Still Being Fixed: The Shipwreck from Voyages may still be placed close to an island, causing it to become inaccessible to the Crew.
- Still Being Fixed: The clues obtained while on these Voyages can appear blank. Rare has noted that until it's fixed, a temporary fix is to restart your client and join the previous session.
- It seems many complaints were submitted regarding the Kneel and Bow Emote for the Lunar Festival Costume. As such, it has been removed.
- Black Market
- The price for the Merchant Pathfinder Sail and Golden Gatherer Merchant Sail has been fixed. It was changed from 49k Doubloons to 49k Gold (a much more reasonable price!).
- Burning Blade Encounter
- The issue where the Ghost Ships were not taking the correct amount of damage during Ship battles has been fixed. They have also addressed the issue where firing animation for Ghost Ships was not displaying properly.
- Game Menu
- Fixed the issue where the clucking done by the chickens was not playing at the correct times.
- Performance and Stability
- This might be the biggest improvement they've made in this update. They have reduce the client memory usage while browsing the Season One Menu! They have also reduced the issues with server stability so we're less likely to disconnect while playing.
The list below are issues that they are still working on correcting. These issues are known to the developers, and they have made it a priority to fix them, even so far as to mention them in the patch notes!
- Hit Detection
- This is the most frustrating issue they need to correct. Occasionally during battle, hits won't land on some of the enemies. We think they should also address the fact that it's hard to tell if Golden Skeletons are hit, since they barely respond! Think we can get enough people to complain about that to them?
- Players Impacted Following Server Migration
- After server migrations, issues have been reported for boat placement and interacting with items on Ships.
- Stuck UI Menus
- Issues have been reported about players getting stuck on the Options Menu while there is lag updating barrel states.
We're hoping the next update comes with some fresh content like it did last week!