Splatoon 3 is out, and now you can ink your way to victory. You can play Turf War, Anarchy Battles, or some Salmon Run. But a communication error has been plaguing Splatoon 3, where the message prompt will appear saying A communication error has occurred and will kick you out of the multiplayer game, ruining many players' enjoyment, as it can happen at any time.
How to fix A communication error has occurred error in Splatoon 3
Is there any way to fix A communication error has occurred error in Splatoon 3? The answer is no. There is no concrete way to fix this error. Nintendo is aware of this issue and plans to update Splatoon 3 to counter this error.
Related: When do shops reset in Splatoon 3?
Even though there is no fix, there are methods you can use to alleviate the problem for a short while, but these are akin to fixing the issue via a secondhand means instead of fixing the source itself.
- Restart Splatoon 3
- A new connection is formed to the Splatoon 3 servers by restarting, which may fix this error for a time.
- Turn off unnecessary devices using WiFi
- The Nintendo Switch does not have excellent wireless capabilities so ensure everything unnecessary that uses WiFi is switched off when playing Splatoon 3.
- Use an ethernet connection to the Switch
- An ethernet connection is much more stable than using WiFi, however, only the OLED Switch Dock has this functionality. You can buy ethernet adapters or third-party docks that solve this issue but will not be officially licensed by Nintendo.
As we said, these will not 100% fix the communication issue in Splatoon 3 but should help give you some time before the error appears again. The best thing to do is to keep an eye on Spatoon 3 social media accounts.
Whenever problems arise, Nintendo's social media accounts are great at letting their followers know they are fixing any issues. Watch these accounts for any information containing an incoming patch or even downtime.
For more Splatoon 3 content, Pro Game Guides has you covered. Check out Splatoon 3 Roller – Best uses and weaknesses and How to play Tableturf Battle in Splatoon 3 – Tips and Strategies