Special weapons can be just the ticket to turn the tide of battle in your team's favor in Splatoon 3. But with over a dozen choices, it can be a bit overwhelming to pick the right one. Fortunately, we've put together this list of Special Weapons for you to mull over before pulling that trigger. When you're ready, head over to Turf War and show them who's boss.
Splatoon 3 Special Weapon List
- Big Bubbler
- Deploy this device at your feet to shield yourself with a large, spherical barrier. This bubble will block outside ink attacks, but it can't prevent opponents themselves from entering. Damage to the top section or the inner device will cause the barrier to pop more quickly.
- Booyah Bomb
- Funnel power into an explosive ink ball and launch it at the enemy. By sending and receiving "Booyahs" from your team, you can build power more quickly. Teammates who send Booyahs will be rewarded by having their special gauge filled a little.
- Crab Tank
- Leave your foes in a pinch with this scuttling tank's superior inkpower. Press ZR for rapid-fire shots - R will fire your cannon. Its back is vulnerable to enemy attacks, but you can shift into mobile mode with ZL to protect yourself.
Related: Splatoon 3 – Little Buddy Hairstyles
- This launches you into the air by spraying out ink, allowing you to attack opponents with the attached launcher. You can fly higher temporarily by pressing B.
- Ink Storm
- Throw this device to generate a rain cloud of ink. The cloud gradually moves away from where the device was thrown.
- Ink Vac
- Make your ink shots more powerful by sucking up enemy attacks! Hold ZR to generate a vortex that sucks up enemy ink attacks. Once the tank is full, or after the timer runs out, let go of ZR, and you'll launch a souped-up super ink shot!
- Killer Wail 5.1
- Unleashes six speaker-shaped, laser-emitting devices to surround and devastate your enemies. Lock onto an opponent, and the emitters will track and blast them wherever they go! You can continue to use your main weapon and sub-weapon while the Killer Wail 5.1 is firing.
- Hop onto a shark-shaped, ink-propelled float, and charge forward. When you reach the end of the path, or if you press ZR, the float will explode and deal damage.
- Deploys a fridge stocked with drinks that enhance some of your abilities for a brief time. There are four drinks, but you can only have one - the rest are for sharing! You'll lose the enhancement if you're splatted while the drink is in effect, but you'll respawn right away.
- Tenta Missiles
- Press ZR to fire missiles at any enemies within your targeting reticle. Locking on to several enemies will change the number of missiles that hit each target.
- Triple Inkstrike
- Throw and deploy a guidance device with R to cause a tornado-generating ink strike to land on that spot from above. You can deploy up to three guidance devices to activate three separate ink tornadoes.
- Press ZR to launch three blasts of spiraling ink in a single shot. You can fire it up to three times.
- Ultra Stamp
- Attack with an enormous hammer. Press and hold ZR to advance while striking with the hammer. If you press and release R, you'll throw the hammer far into the distance to attack and the special will end.
- Wave Breaker
- Deploys a device that generates sonic waves to drive hidden opponents out into the open. Waves expand along the ground, marking and dealing damage to any opponents they touch. To avoid damage, simply jump over each wave.
- Transform into an ink-cloaked acrobat, and sling your stretchy arm to zip around the battlefield! Use R to aim and stick to walls. You can still use your main weapon like normal with ZR. When your ink runs out, your transformation will end, and you'll Super Jump back to your starting location.
For more Splatoon 3 goodies, check out Splatoon 3 Splatling – Best uses and weaknesses on Pro Game Guides.