Towards the end of spring in Stardew Valley, a terror from the skies known as crows will start to eat and destroy your crop plants. To combat these serial crop killers, you will need to craft scarecrows; here's everything you need to know and more.
How to get a Scarecrow in Stardew Valley
To make a scarecrow in Stardew Valley, you will need to first level your farming skill to level one, which will unlock the crafting recipe to make basic scarecrows. Once you have level one in farming, you can make a scarecrow with the following materials listed below.
- 50 Wood: You can get wood from chopping trees and logs on and off your farm with an ax.
- One Coal: You can get coal from recycling, mining rocks, treasure chests, and using a charcoal kiln, and more.
- 20 Fiber: you can get fiber from destroying grass with a scythe on and off your farm.
How to use a Scarecrow in Stardew Valley & Scarecrow Range
To use a scarecrow in Stardew Valley, you will need to simply place one on the ground near your crops; the scarecrow radius is around 248 titles, so if you were to put it in the middle of your tilled field, you would cover the entire area where you placed your crops. See the image below to get an idea of where you should place your scarecrow.
As a side note, we use a mod called Range Highlight to make the scarecrow radius appear in our image above. We also highly suggest getting this mod as it will make placing the items listed below less annoying. But before you install it, you will need to have the latest version of SMAPI installed.
Here are the items that will show up with this mod:
- J Junimo huts (press J to show the range)
- H Bee Houses (press H to show the range)
- R Sprinklers (press R to show the range)
- O Scarecrows (press O to show the range)
For more on Stardew Valley, we at PGG have you covered with an expanding roster of guides like how to get strawberry seeds and how to get iron bars in Stardew Valley. We also have a lot of guides on other games that you can find on the home page hub.