Here you will find everything you need to know about the latest entry in the Tales series, Tales of Arise.
When is the Release Date for Tales of Arise?
Tales of Arise is set to launch on September 10 on PC, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, and Series X/S.
What is Tales of Arise?
Tales of Arise is Bandai Namco's latest standalone entry in the Tales series. The game will follow a story revolving around two worlds and two protagonists, Alphen and Shionne. Both characters come from two different factions and worlds, but together they will form an alliance against a common foe and goal. This goal being, to free the world Dahna from another more advanced world called Rena.
Does Tales of Arise have Multiplayer Co-op?
If you were wondering if Tales of Arise has coop, the answer is no, as it was confirmed by the producer of Tales of Arise in an article from IGN. In this article, the producer of Tales of Arise stated that the game would not have a multiplayer mode because the game is a standalone title geared towards a single-player experience.
What are the Pre-order bonuses for Tales of Arise?
Players who pre-order any version of the game will get the following items as a bonus.
- Costume for Alphen and Shionne
- Outfit accessories
- Cooking recipes and ingredients
The other editions will include even more items such as resource packs, skin packs, and other items like an artbook and more.
How much does Tales of Arise Pre-orders cost?
The prices for all pre-orders for Tales of Arise will cost the following amounts listed below.
- Standard Edition: $59.99
- Deluxe Edition: $84.99
- Ulitmate Edition: $109.99
- Collectors Edition: $189.99 (only for consoles)
How does Tales of Arise play? Gameplay Footage, Features, Trailers.
Tales of Arise is an action RPG game and plays similarly to games such as Dragon Quest 11 or Final Fantasy 12. Players will explore multiple areas and fight various enemies in a real-time combat system in 3rd person.
They will also be able to control one of four characters and use tons of skills, and special moves called artes, which range and vary depending on the character.
The game will also feature an encounter system where players will transition into combat from an overworld map to a combat map.
All of this has been pretty standard of the series, but some new features and elements are being added to the fold with this upcoming entry. The first is boost attacks and strikes, and then Mystic Artes.
Boost strikes are special moves that involve more than one party member to complete - think something like the multiple combo attacks finishers from Yakuza Like a Dragon. Boost attacks are more or less support abilities that span across part members. Mystic Artes are powerful finishing attacks that are unique to each character in the game.
Tales of Arise - Gameplay Showcase
In this trailer, we learn a ton of info about the overall gameplay of Tales of Arise, but here are some of the key points of gameplay and takeaways from this gameplay showcase.
- The trailer shows off the abilities and playstyles of three characters, Alphen, Shionne, and Rinwell.
- Shionne is a powerful range user that uses a rifle to attack enemies.
- Alphen is a melee fighter that uses a mighty sword with some elemental attacks.
- Rinwell is a mage, and that attacks enemies with magical abilities.
- The combat is fast past, and players able to combo their attacks and use various special attack moves.
- Alphen is a former slave trying to win the freedom of his world and Shionne struggles with a powerful curse from her Renan heritage.
- The game has multiple worlds, areas and features an encounter system similar to other JRPGS.
For more on Tales of Arise check out Tales of Arise – Pre-Order Bonus, Special Editions