The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is a massive open-world RPG filled with quests, mages to romance, and monsters to fight. CD Projekt Red has launched the next-gen update, which adds several graphical enhancements and new content inspired by the Netflix Witcher Series. The Witcher 3 can be challenging, so here are the best tips for beginners and returning players to The Witcher 3.
Best Tips for Witcher 3
- Loot everything except in front of guards.
- Crafting and Alchemy are essential parts of the game, you will need the components you find on your journey.
- Upgrading Roach is essential. You can find the Niflgaardian Saddlebags at the Crow's Perch Merchant early.
- Saddlebags increase Geralt's maximum carry capacity.
- Saddle increases Roach's stamina, how long Roach can gallop for.
- Blinders increase Roach's fear level, preventing Roach from panicking near enemies.
- Consuming Potions increases your toxicity level. You can reset your toxicity level by consuming the White Honey Potion.
- Orens and Florens are currencies you will pick up but cannot use. Speak to Vivaldi at Vivaldi’s Bank in Novigrad to convert these for Crowns.
- Crafting is essential to upgrade Geralt.
- You can craft swords at Blacksmiths, and armor can be crafted at Armorers.
- Witcher Gear is the best gear in the game. Complete the Scavenger Hunts to find new pieces.
- Dismantle junk rather than selling for useful crafting components for Alchemy and Crafting.
- Alchemy allows you to craft Bombs, Oils, and Potions.
- Bombs can be thrown at enemies.
- Oils can be applied to weapons for damage bonuses when using the right oil.
- Potions can be consumed to give passive buffs and restore health.
- Check the Bestiary before fighting a monster for its vulnerabilities. They can provide massive damage increases before a tough fight.
- You can heal by meditating (on lower difficulties), using the Swallow potion, or consuming food and drink.
- The Gourmet skill extends vitality regeneration from food and drinks to 20 minutes rather than 10 seconds.
Signs explained in Witcher 3
Signs are a form of magic in the Witcher universe that only Witchers can use. Geralt has five signs that can be used in and out of combat for various purposes. The signs are:
- Aard: A knockback in combat. It can be used outside combat to extinguish fires or break down damaged walls and floors.
- Igni: A fire sign that can ignite enemies and push them back. It can also ignite flammable gases to create explosions. It can be used outside of combat to light torches or campfires.
- Yrden: A magical trap on the ground that slows enemies caught inside. Yrden is best used against Wraith monsters.
- Quen: A protective shield around Geralt that prevents damage while active.
- Axii: Triggers a hex on enemies that can stun them temporarily. It can be used in dialogue conversations outside combat.
Want to read more about The Witcher 3? If so, check out What does ‘Simulate Witcher 2 save data’ mean in Witcher 3? on Pro Game Guides.