If you want to cook sea serpent meat, you will need to make an iron cooking stand and place it over a hearth. Anything smaller will not let you use the iron cooking stand for cooking sea serpent meat in Valheim.
That said, you can make the iron cooking stand as explained in our cooking stand guide with three iron bars and one chain - to make a hearth, you will need 15 stones.
Once you got everything, place your sea serpent meat on the iron cooking stand and then light a fire on the hearth to start cooking it. After a while, the serpent meat will become cooked sea serpent meat, provided you didn't let it burn by letting it sit unattended.
How to get Sea Serpent Meat in Valheim?
To get sea serpent meat in Valheim, you will need to find and kill sea serpents that spawn in remote regions of the ocean biome. Upon death, these sea serpents will drop their meat as loot. Here's a list of tips on how to kill said sea serpents.
- Make a full set of Iron armor; Sea serpents hit hard, so it's recommended to bring your most robust armor to withstand their onslaught.
- Build a longship; Sea Serpents will target your ship when they attack, so because of that, we recommend making the strongest ship so you can last long enough to kill it.
- Make an Abyssal Harpoon; Making and using a Harpoon in Valheim can stop a Sea Serpent from moving, so you can get a few shots into it.
- Craft at least a Huntsmen or Dragur fang bow; Sea serpents are weak to range attacks, and if you make the strongest bow possible combined with decent arrows, you will kill the beast in no time.
- Use Frost Arrow or Needle Arrows; Overall, we have the best luck killing sea serpents with either needle or frost arrows. Frost arrows are useful to freeze the sea serpent in place, allowing you to widdle their health down. On the other than, needle arrows, when combined with a Dragur bow, can wipe half of their health.
- Search ocean biomes when it is storming; You can sometimes find Sea serpents more often when it is storming in the game.
For more awesome Valheim guides, check out our entire Valheim catalog.