If you are wondering how to get warm clothes, there are two ways; both involve crafting two specific types of armor in Valheim.
How to stay warm in Valheim
To get warm clothes in Valheim, you will need to either craft a lox cape or wolf fur cape; however, crafting both is no simple task. For starters, to craft wolf armor in general, you will need to go into the mountain biome and hunt wolves for wolf pelts and find sliver ore.
This isn't a good idea if you are just starting out in Valheim because the mountain biome has a freezing effect that will kill you fast.
Luckily you can make a pretty useful item called a frost protection mead, which will keep you alive long enough to find and kill enough wolves.
Here's how to make frost protection mead.
- Ten Honeys: To make honey, you will need to make a beehive with a queen bee.
- Five Thistles: You can get thistle from the black forest.
- Two Bloodbags: To get bloodbags, you will need to travel down to the swamp and kill leaches; we suggest killing them with a bow if you don't have decent armor.
- Two Greydwarf eyes: you can get these by killing greydwarfs that spawn everywhere in the black forest and meadows biomes.
Still, even with the mead crafted, you will need to get the silver ore, and to get it, you will need to summon and defeat the third boss in the game and get a unique item called a wishbone. This item, when used will help you to locate several things, including sliver ore underground.
Once you got all of the required materials, you can make a wolf fur cape with the following materials inside a level two forge.
- Wolf Fur Cape
- Six Wolf Pelts
- Four Silver
- One Wolf Trophy: You can get these from killing wolves
Alternatively, you can also go after loxes in the plains biome to make a lox cape, which will protect you from the cold. However, we don't recommend doing this just yet, because the plains biome is home to countless dangerous creatures, which makes it probably the most dangerous biome in the game so far.
However, if you are up to it, you can make lox armor with the following resources inside a level two workbench.
- Six Lox Pelt
- Two Sliver