The Home and Hearth update has just launched and, with its arrival, brings a whole host of new content to the Viking survival simulator Valheim. Here's a short overview of things to expect in this new update.
Tons of new weapons and items have been added to give players extra things to use and fight against the many creatures that lurk in the forest and swamps.
But weapons are not the only thing the developers have added. In fact, numerous crafting buildings have also been added, such as the Cartography table and Oven.
Players can also now build both Darkwood and Crystal structures that will allow them to vary their bases in new ways. Along with new structures, plenty of bug fixes and game improvements were also added alongside 12 new food recipes and a complete food rework. That said, here is the full patch notes for Home and Hearth below.
- Weapons rebalanced (All weapons have been rebalanced to be more viable as main weapon and also have more unique playstyles).
- Blocking system overhauled (Current maximum hp now greatly affects your ability to block attacks, stagger bar gui added).
- Naming tamed creatures.
- Gamepad sensitivity settings.
- Auto-pickup toggle button added.
- Graphics settings (Active point lights & Active point light shadows).
- Tamed creatures affected by friendly fire setting (i.e you can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item).
- Various other improvements and bugfixes.
- Food rebalance (Most food items now give mainly stamina or mainly health to make food choices more interesting).
- Food GUI overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food.
- Over 10 new things to eat (Actually 12).
- Tamed Lox now have a purpose.
- Slimy locations & creatures added to plains.
- New plantable seeds: Birch, Oak & Onions.
- New weapons: Crystal battleaxe, Silver knife.
- New shields: Bone tower shield, Iron buckler.
- Butcher knife (Special weapon for butchering tamed animals).
- Thunder stone (Sold by trader).
- Lox accessory.
- New Darkwood building pieces like shingle roofs, beams, decorations and more.
- New types of furniture, including but not limited to a mighty stone throne and a steamy viking hot tub.
- Crystal walls.
- New types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources.
- Cauldron improvements: Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans.
- Cartography table (For sharing map-data with other players).
- Oven added (For baking bread and pie).
- Obliterator added (Items be gone).
- Iron cooking station (Required to cook some types of meat).v
For more awesome Valheim guides, check out our entire Valheim catalog.