One of the most irritating parts of any competitive video game is the constant chit-chat between your teammates in clutch/tense situations, and Valorant is no different. But, thanks to Riot Games, we can eliminate such scenarios by using a much unpopular/hidden feature called clutch mute. As the name suggests, it is a feature, when enabled, allows players to mask their teammate's audio functionality completely for a temporary period. To use the clutch mute feature, visit the communications tab under the control settings and enable the function.
How to enable Clutch Mute in Valorant
To enable and use the key feature, follow the steps given below.
- Open your Valorant game settings from the main menu or by pressing the ESC button inside any game mode.
- Navigate and head over to the communications section under the control settings. settings > control settings > communications.
- In the voice chat subsection, enable and assign a key for "Party Voice Clutch Mute Key" and "Team Voice Clutch Mute Key."
- Save the settings and close everything. You can now enable/disable the function inside the game by using your assigned keys.
When should you use Clutch Mute in Valorant?
Use the feature in the following situations.
- Using snipers at the initial part of the round
- Lurking or flanking behind enemy lines
- During clutch/important scenarios in the game
- While setting up your character kit before the start of the round
Remember, at the end of the day, Valorant is a tactical shooter game, and you will need the input of your teammates to succeed. So, use the functionality for 2 to 5 seconds before turning back your audio.
For more on Valorant, check out How to get the Heart or Love crosshair in Valorant or All Valorant Spectre Skins and how to get them on Pro Game Guides.