There are many ways that players can customize their characters, such as the Psyker in Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. One way you can customize your Psyker is by adding various helmets, chest pieces, and various accessories. However, players must first unlock these cosmetic options before they can equip them on characters such as the Psyker in Warhammer 40k Darktide.
How to unlock Warhammer 40k Darktide Psyker Cosmetics
To unlock cosmetics for the Psyker, you must purchase them via the Armory Exchange or unlock them by completing Class Penances. You will also earn the occasional cosmetic every five levels you gain in the Trust Rank system. That said, if you want to try buying a few cosmetics first, you must wait until you reach level two, when the Armory Exchange merchant unlocks in Darktide. After the Armory Exchange is unlocked, you can purchase a few cosmetic options by speaking to the Armory Exchange NPC. You can find the Armory Exchange left from where you initially spawn on the Mourningstar hub.
Speaking to the merchant shown above will allow you to buy Cosmetics if you select Aquire Operative Cosmetics. Afterward, you can browse a selection of primarily Upper and Lower-body cosmetics. Most of these options will range from 12k to as high as 37k or higher in Darktide. If you can't afford the steep costs, we recommend trying to unlock Penance Cosmetics first or just leveling up. On the other hand, leveling up your Trust Rank will take time, so your best option for getting Pskyer cosmetics in Warhammer 40k Darktide is to go after Class Penances.
How to complete Class Penances in Warhammer 40k Darktide
To complete Penances for the Psyker or Psykinetic class, you must check the Penances tab and view the Class category. Under Class Penances, you can view the requirements for unlocking Psyker cosmetics. The requirements mostly range from killing enemies in specific ways or pulling off unique feats with abilities. Here's the complete list of cosmetic unlock requirements for the Psyker class in Darktide:
Psyker Psykinetic Cosmetics Unlock List
- Storm Witch's Leash Raiment (Upper Body Cosmetic)
- How to Unlock - Reaching level five Trust level will unlock this cosmetic as a Psykinetic in Darktide.
- Storm Witch Redemption Rainment (Lower Body Cosmetic)
- How to Unlock - Brain Burst and kill five elite or specialist enemies within 10 seconds on Heresy or higher threat level to unlock this cosmetic.
- Storm Witch Redemption Rainment (Upper Body Cosmetic)
- How to Unlock - Singlehandedly kill a Monstrosity (Plague Ogryin, Beast of Nurgle, etc.) via only Brain Burst while on Heresy or a higher threat level to unlock this cosmetic. All damage must also be done by only you for this Penance to unlock.
- Storm Witch's Penance Raiment (Lower Body Cosmetic)
- How to Unlock - To unlock this cosmetic for the Psyker class, you must kill a punching Pox Hound using your Brain Burst ability.
- Storm Witch's Penance Raiment (Upper Body Cosmetic)
- How to Unlock - You must kill 20 enemies within two seconds by knocking them all off a cliff to unlock this cosmetic in Warhammer 40k Darktide.
- Storm Witch's Duty Raiment (Lower Body Cosmetic)
- How to Unlock - Maintain maximum warp charge for 300 seconds while on Malice threat level or higher to unlock this cosmetic.
- Storm Witch's Duty Raiment (Upper Body Cosmetic)
- How to Unlock - Kill three elite enemies with a single Perils of the Warp explosion while on Malice threat level or higher to unlock this cosmetic.
- Incomparable Portrait Frame
- How to Unlock - Complete one mission of every type as a Psykinetic to unlock this cosmetic.
- Obscurus Mk IIID Psykana Hood
- How to Unlock - Completing the following Peances will unlock this final Penance which unlocks a helmet option: Mind over Matter 4, Mind over Matter, Lifeleech (1), Cliffhanger, Not Even Close.
For more on Darktide, we at Pro Game Guides have you covered with guides like All Darktide Weapon stats, explained – Warhammer 40k and How to fix Darktide cursor stuck on screen bug – Warhammer 40k.