The Boltgun in Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is one of the most iconic weapons in the entire Warhammer 40k universe, so it's clear why some players want to unlock it. Boltguns also feature unique weapon stats, and great damage with stopping power that can stagger many enemies. So if you are after a Boltgun in Warhammer 40k Darktide, here's how to unlock one.
How to obtain the Locke Mk IIb Spearheard Boltgun in Warhammer 40k Darktide
Unlocking the Boltgun or Bolter in Warhammer 40k Darktide depends on the class that can use it. For Veteran Sharpshooters, they can get the Boltgun when it unlocks at level 14 Trust Rank, but for Zealot Preachers, it's level 12. That said, you can level up your Trust Rank to unlock the Boltgun for the Zealot or Veteran by completing missions and side objectives. Farming missions will earn you Experience that will go towards leveling your Trust Rank. Completing missions with side objectives will add further Experience to the total gained during a mission.
We recommend farming missions with objectives that are at least level two threat level so you can get as much XP without failing missions. Once you reach the right level to unlock the Boltgun, you must wait until it appears in the store. The Boltgun will not appear when it unlocks at level 14 or 12, as the listings in the Armory Exchange are random. If you want to get the Boltgun after it unlocks, you must wait until the next Armory Exchange inventory refresh before it appears.
All Possible Traits for the Boltgun in Warhammer 40k Darktide
Like most weapons in Warhammer 40k Darktide, the Boltgun features several unique Traits that offer bonuses to damage, rending, toughness, and staggering.
- Cavalcade - Grants up to four percent critical chance and can stack up to five times based on the duration of Continuous Fire
- Surgical - Grants up to five percent critical chance while aiming the Boltgun. It also builds up to a max five stack.
- Shattering Impact - Offers four percent more rending when targeting Armoured Enemies.
- Pinning Fire - Grants up to 20 percent power for every enemy a player staggers with the Boltgun and stacks up to five times.
- Gloryhunter - Grant up to 10 percent more toughness for every Elite that is killed.
For more on Warhammer 40k Darktide, we at Pro Game Guides have you covered with guides like Warhammer 40K Darktide – Rending stat, explained and All Weapons in Warhammer 40k Darktide.
Write A Comment
How to unlock the Boltgun in Warhammer 40k Darktide – Boltgun Guide