Every Hero in AFK Arena belongs to a faction. There are a grand total of seven factions, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages against other factions.
The four basic factions are the Lightbearers, the Maulers, the Wilders, and the Graveborn. In addition, there are also the special factions of the Celestials and the Hypogeans. And, finally, there is the special yet neutral class of Dimensional Heroes.
- Lightbearers do more damage to Maulers and take more damage from the Graveborn.
- Maulers do more damage to Wilders and take more damage from Lightbearers.
- Wilders do more damage to the Graveborn and take more damage from Maulers.
- The Graveborn do more damage to Lightbearers and take more damage from Wilders.
- Celestials do more damage AND take more damage from Hypogeans.
- Hypogeans, likewise, do more damage AND take more damage from Celestials.
- If it is any interaction other than the ones listed above (for example, a Mauler attacking a Celestial or a Wilder attacking another Wilder), then the damage dealt and received is neutral.
Taking advantage of these strengths and weaknesses can greatly help in difficult fights. You can check what faction enemy Heroes are before combat, letting you know which faction(s) of Heroes you'll need to dominate the battlefield.
For more useful guides, check out our AFK Arena category!