Among Us is holding steady as one of the most popular multiplayer, cross-platform games on the market. Many of the most popular streamers are featuring this game as their primary game of choice, and their fans have undoubtedly noticed that they use voice chat while they play. This is possible through a proximity chat mod called CrewLink. In the guide below, we explain how to set up and use CrewLink to have proximity chat in your game.
Step One: Install CrewLink
Installing CrewLink is simple. Use the step-by-step instructions below to download and install the mod.
- Open the following link in a new window or tab: CrewLink Releases
- From the list of releases, select the most recent one (usually the topmost option).
- A new page will open. Scroll down and select the CrewLink-Setup-[your version].exe (usually the topmost option)
- Your browser will begin the download. When it's done, run it from your download folder. It will set up an icon on your desktop and the program will run on your desktop.
Step Two: Use CrewLink
Using CrewLink is almost easier than installing it. Use the image and instructions below to run it on your server.
- Run CrewLink from the icon that should now be on your desktop. Note: You may need to run the program with administrative privileges. To do this, right-click the CrewLink icon and select Run as Administrator.
- From the CrewLink interface, click Open Game. This will run the game.
- Once you're in the game, host or join a game. The server will populate on the CrewLink interface.
- To use CrewLink with other players, make sure they have it installed on their PC and are in the same server.
Once you have followed the instructions above, CrewLink is officially installed! You can change some settings within CrewLink to make the game more fun, but the functionality is limited. Do you think this will improve your chances of victory?