Like most multiplayer games with a large player base, Modern Warfare 2 also faces several server-based issues from time to time. One such issue plaguing players in recent times is the Travis-Rilea error. The error code usually pops up when there is an unstable connection between your system and the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 server. Being a network error, you can try to resolve the issue by updating the game client, restarting your internet connection, and reinstalling the game.
Most common solutions to fix Travis-Rilea error in Modern Warfare 2
- Restarting your internet connection: The most common solution for Travis- Rilea error is to restart your internet connection. Switch off your router and reconnect to the internet. We also recommend restarting the PC along with your internet to be on the safer side.
- Updating the Game Client: The given error may also pop up when you have an un-updated game. On your Battlenet client, click on the wheel icon adjacent to the play button. Select the Look for Updates button to install the current updates for the game.
- Switching to a Lan connection: Since it's a stability-based issue, you can always switch to a wire-based Lan connection to improve your internet reliability.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Server Status: The problem may also arise if there is a problem on the server itself. So, it's advisable to check the status of the servers via the official Twitter handle of Call of Duty/ Infinity Ward for any scheduled maintenance or server issues.
- Reinstalling Modern Warfare 2: If none of the above solutions works as a last resort, you can reinstall the game to fix the problem.
Remember, these are some of the most commonly implemented solutions sourced from Reddit and other forums for the Travis-Rilea error. If you continue to face the problem for more than 2 to 3 days, it's better to contact the Activision Blizzard support team for a custom-tailored solution.