Behaviour Interactive teased some big changes during their 6th Anniversary Broadcast. Now, the developer behind the hit horror title Dead by Daylight has unveiled those changes. Patches are typically applied on Tuesdays, so expect the PTB update to go live on June 28, 2022.
DBD Developer Update Summary - June 2022
DBD Overhauled Progression System
Perks will no longer be unlocked through the Bloodweb of each Killer or Survivor by selecting the teachable perk. Instead, prestiging a character for the first time will instantly unlock the Tier 1 version of their unique perks for all other Killers/Survivors. Prestiging that same character a second and third time will unlock the Tier 2 and 3 versions of their unique perks for use. Alternatively, higher-tier versions of the perks will appear randomly in the Bloodweb once the first Tier is unlocked.
On that note, prestiging a character is also changing. When a character is prestiged, they will no longer lose their perks, items, add-ons, or offerings. Perk slots will remain unlocked after prestiging. With this change, prestiging is no longer optional upon reaching level 50.
Prestige is still tied to cosmetics, and upon reaching prestige levels 4, 5, and 6, players will unlock the bloody prestige cosmetics. Reaching prestige levels 7, 8, and 9 will grant one of that character's unique perks as a charm.
The Shrine of Secrets is also seeing an overhaul. Purchasing a perk at the Shrine of Secrets will instantly unlock the Tier 1 version for all applicable characters. Purchasing it again will increase the Tier.
DBD Matchmaking Changes
To offer an incentive for players to fill needed roles like Killer or Survivor, Behaviour Interactive will now offer a Bloodpoint bonus to anyone who opts into playing the needed role. Bonuses will range from 25 to100%, depending on the demand. Note that matchmaking incentives will be disabled if cross-play is turned off.
DBD Gameplay Updates
- Kicking a generator will now instantly remove 2.5% of the maximum progress.
- Generator repair is going up to 90 seconds (from 80).
- The time to break walls and pallets has been reduced by 10%.
- Generators can be kicked 10% faster (hi-yah!).
- The cooldown for a successful basic attack is being reduced by 10%.
- The duration of a Survivor's speed boost upon being hit is reduced by 10%.
- Bloodlust will now activate after 15/30/45 seconds into a chase.
- After being unhooked, Survivors will receive a five-second Endurance effect. Survivors will also receive a 7% Haste effect for five seconds. However, the effects will be canceled if the Survivor does any of the following Conspicuous Actions:
- Repair a generator
- Healing yourself or others
- Cleansing or Blessing a Totem
- Sabotaging a hook
- Unhooking others
- Opening an exit gate
DBD Meta Perk Changes
Killer Meta Perks
- Barbecue and Chilli: Bloodpoint bonus is being removed.
- Hex: Ruin: Reducing the regression speed to 50/75/100%.
- Pop Goes the Weasel: A generator will now lose 20% of its current (not total) progress.
- Corrupt Intervention: Will deactivate once a Survivor enters the dying state.
- Tinkerer: Can now only activate once per generator with a base charge of 90.
- Hex: No One Escapes Death: Survivors will see the Hex Totem's aura within four meters upon activation. This range increases to 24 meters over the course of 30 seconds.
- Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance: Survivors will no longer scream and the generator will no longer explode upon losing progress.
Survivor Meta Perks
- Dead Hard: The Endurance effect will only trigger for one second.
- Decisive Strike: Will now deactivate once the Exit Gates are powered. The stun duration will also be reduced to three seconds.
- Borrowed Time: Will extend the duration of the Endurance effect by 6/8/10 seconds and increase the movement speed bonus duration by 10 seconds for any Survivor that you unhook. These effects will be canceled if the unhooked Survivor performs a Conspicuous Action.
- Iron Will: Lowering the grunts of pain reduction to 25/50/75%. Iron Will will no longer be active when Exhausted, though it won't cause Exhaustion.
- Self-Care: Heal speed will be lowered to 25/30/35% and the item efficiency bonus has been removed entirely.
- Spine Chill: Will only activate if the Killer has a clear line of sight to the Survivor. There will also be a 0.5 second lingering effect to Spine Chill. Finally, the vault speed bonus will be removed entirely.
DBD Non-Meta Perk Changes
Killer Perk Buffs
- Overcharge: Along with its current effects, Overcharge will cause a kicked generator’s regression speed to grow from 100% to 400% over the course of 30 seconds.
- Eruption: Upped the generator regression penalty to 10% and the duration of the incapacitated effect to 15/20/25 seconds.
- Knock Out: In addition to its current effect, Knock Out will cause dying Survivors to crawl 50% slower for 15 seconds and reduce their recovery speed by 25%.
- Coulrophobia: To make healing in the Killer’s terror radius even more unappealing, Coulrophobia will now increase the speed of skill checks by 50% on top of its current effect.
- Dark Devotion: Dark Devotion will now activate whenever the Obsession loses a health state.
- Jolt: Jolt allows the Killer to regress generators simply by downing a Survivor. To make it more consistent and punish careless Survivor plays, we have removed the cooldown.
- Lethal Pursuer: On top of the existing effect, Lethal Pursuer will now extend the duration of all aura-reading effects by two seconds.
- Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain: Increasing the action speed penalty to 10/13/16%.
- Thanatophobia: Increasing the action speed penalty to 4.5/5/5.5% per Survivor, for a maximum of 18/20/22%.
- Scourge Hook: Monstrous Shrine: This perk will now convert all basement hooks to Scourge Hooks. Additionally, Scourge Hooks will now grant 10/15/20% faster Entity progression—but only if the Killer is not within 24 meters.
Survivor Perk Buffs
- Calm Spirit: In addition to Calm Spirit’s current effects, you can now open chests and cleanse and bless totems silently, albeit at 40/35/30% reduced speed.
- Saboteur: After months of studying, Saboteurs can now identify Scourge Hooks. Their auras are shown in yellow when a Survivor is being carried. Use this information to your advantage to prevent Scourge Hook perks from being activated.
- Botany Knowledge: Botany Knowledge now increases healing speed efficiency by 30/40/50%, up from 11/22/33%.
- Off the Record: Upon being unhooked, gain the Endurance status effect for 60/70/80 seconds. The Endurance effect is lost upon performing a Conspicuous Action.
- Lucky Break: Each second spent healing another Survivor increases Lucky Break’s duration by one second (the total time cannot exceed the starting duration).
- Pharmacy: Now, Pharmacy will activate whenever you’re injured, guaranteeing an Emergency Med-Kit when you search a chest. This effect can happen multiple times in one trial.
- Sole Survivor: In addition to hiding your aura, Sole Survivor will now increase your generator repair speed by 75% and your exit gate and hatch action speed by 50%. These effects are only active when you are the last Survivor standing.
- Distortion: Gain 1 token for every 30 seconds spent within the Killer’s Terror Radius.
- Lightweight: In addition to Lightweight’s existing effects, your scratch marks will be more sporadic, making you harder to track. Your scratch marks will also fade 5/4/3 seconds sooner, up from 3/2/1.
- Déjà Vu: To help Survivors power the three closest generators, Déjà Vu will now grant a 5% repair speed bonus to the revealed generators.
- No One Left Behind: Beyond its current effects, No One Left Behind will grant a 7% movement speed bonus to any Survivors you unhook. Additionally, the perk now activates when the gates are powered rather than opened.
- Dark Sense: When a generator is powered, Dark Sense activates. The next time the Killer comes within 24 meters of you, their aura is revealed for 5/7/10 seconds. Dark Sense then deactivates.
- Tenacity: In addition to the current effects, Tenacity now reduces your grunts of pain by 75% when in the dying state.
- Hope: Hope is great for those who like to make late-game saves, but the limited duration can cause it to expire at an inconvenient time. Since this perk is only useful at the end of the match, the duration has been removed entirely.
- Overzealous: In its current state, cleansing a totem grants you a repair speed bonus of 6%/7%/8%. Now, that bonus doubles if you cleanse a Hex totem.
- We're Gonna Live Forever: Much like Barbecue and Chilli, this perk features a massive Bloodpoint bonus. Behaviour does not want Bloodpoints to dictate which perks are used, so they've removed the bonus Bloodpoints from We’re Gonna Live Forever.
For more Dead by Daylight goodies, check out Dead By Daylight: How to get Frightful Flan in DBD on Pro Game Guides.