Demon Slayer: Hinokami Chronicles retells the story of the popular Shonen anime, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, allowing players to assume the roles of the main cast as they fight to eradicate demons from the Taisho period. One of the demons Tanjiro and Nezuko encounter is the Swamp Demon, an enemy who can multiply.
For an in-depth breakdown on how to defeat this boss, follow our guide below:
- Battle One
- The first fight pits Tanjiro against all three Swamp Demon variants at once, with Nezuko as his support.
- Each of the Swamp Demons will dive under the field and attempt to attack Tanjiro from below. Watch out for the red markers on the field as they indicate the Swamp Demon's attack trajectory.
- Be wary of the Swamp Demon's claw attacks as well. These short-range strikes will stun Tanjiro and give the clones an opening to strike him.
- Focus on one of the Swamp Demons at a time, attacking them until they've been defeated.
- Make sure to use special attacks and Nezuko to increase damage output.
- Feel free to switch to Nezuko at any time by holding the support button with a full bar in the support gauge.
- Once the demons are defeated, Nezuko will confront the Two-Horned Swamp Demon alone.
- Battle Two
- Nezuko excels at close-range attacks, so make sure to rush the Swamp Demon once the battle begins, using her special abilities to keep him locked in combos.
- The Two-Horned Swamp Demon will continue to dart around underneath the map using his Blood Demon Art. Make sure to avoid his attacks once he submerges in a pool of muck. Wait for him to exit his swamp to attack, as he is far more vulnerable on land.
- Be careful to avoid his claw attacks, as the Swamp Demon uses more melee attacks in his encounter with Nezuko.
- When the Swamp Demon glows red, he's activated his Surge. During the Surge, he won't flinch, can use his swamps repeatedly and will attack rapidly. Avoid the Swamp Demon's attacks and guard when he rushes Nezuko in Surge. Wait until his Surge ends to attack him, as he becomes staggered once the Surge ends.
- Continue attacking him during his openings until he activates his Surge again. Taking care to avoid the booby-trapped puddles that he spawns.
- Do your best to avoid his rushes during his second Surge, as the Swamp Demon catapults himself out of the swamp to attack Nezuko.
- Once his Surge depletes, return to rushing the boss until he submerges in the swamp again. Continue pressing him until his health bar depletes.
- Battle Three
- The final encounter pits Tanjiro and Nezuko against the Two Horned Swamp Demon. This time players need only push him to the red notch in his health bar to complete the battle.
- Watch out for the Two Horned Swamp Demon's traps and swamp rushes, getting in close to him in between his movements with Tanjiro. Use special attacks to stockpile damage.
- Watch out for his Surge attack, as he attacks rapidly in his desperation, spawning several traps on the ground and attacking with a flurry of melee attacks from underground and on land. Attack once his Surge ends, dealing damage until he pushes you away.
- His next Surge attack lets him send trapped swamp pools that home in on the player, so run away from these pools and keep your distance until he drains his surge bar again.
- Make one final push to take his health down and initiate the quick-time event for this boss fight to finish the battle.
For more on Demon Slayer: Hinokami Chronicles, visit our other boss guides, like Demon Slayer: Hinokami Chronicles Large Demon Boss Guide here on Pro Game Guides.