Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles allows players to take control of their favorite characters from the anime and relive the tense battles that the Demon Slayer Corps encountered on their various mission. The timid Zenitsu also gets his moment to shine in the game, with a boss battle against the Tongue Demon.
Make sure to follow the steps below to make quick work of the Tongue Demon.
- Like the boss battles that came before the Tongue Demon, players must bring the boss's health down to the red notch in his health bar to complete the battle.
- The Tongue Demon has a long-range tongue-lash attack that allows him to shoot his tongue forward and damage Zenitsu, so dodge out of his line of fire and get in close with some of Zenitsu's special attacks.
- Try to chain together several combos to make a dent in the boss before he has a chance to attack.
- If Zenitsu is too aggressive, the Tongue Demon will lash out in a circular motion to push him back. Try to give the boss some room after a few combos.
- If the Tongue Demon starts glowing yellow, it means an unblockable attack is coming, so back away and wait until the attack is over.
- If the boss gets too close and attempts to use his tongue-lash attack, use the First Form: Thunderclap and Flash (forward special attack) to dash through him and damage him while avoiding his attack.
- Thunderclap and Flash are great for closing the distance between the Tongue Demon and Zenitsu, so try to use this attack immediately after the boss attacks.
- Because this boss is smaller, players can guard break the Tongue Demon for easy damage.
- Once players reach the red notch in the Tongue Demon's health bar, they'll just have to complete the quick-time event to finish the boss battle. The finish is quick enough, and you'll unlock a Trance Memory.
For more on Demon Slayer: Hinokami Chronicles, visit our Demon Slayer: Hinokami Chronicles Hand Demon Second Encounter Boss Guide guide on Pro Game Guides.