Ah, Hunters. The long-rumored favorite of Destiny 2's developer, Bungie. Whether they're actually the favorite class is debatable, but what isn't up for dispute is how downright nasty their Arc 3.0 rework is. This has continued to be the case from the inception during the Season of Plunder through Lightfall and beyond.
Lightfall Arc Hunter Build
This build is all about being in the mix of enemies, staying amplified, and jolting everything with a pulse. Those Jolts tie into creating Ionic Traces which keep those abilities on a relatively low cooldown.
- Gathering Storm: Hurl your Arc Staff forward, embedding it into surfaces or large targets and jolting nearby targets. After a short time, a devastating lightning bolt strikes the staff, overcharging it with Arc energy. While overcharged, your staff discharges lightning at nearby foes.
- Marksman's Dodge: Dodge to perform an evasive maneuver with a steady hand. Dodging automatically reloads your weapon.
- Combination Blow: A quick strike that temporarily increases your melee damage when defeating a target, stacking three times. Defeating targets with this ability also fully refills your class ability energy and restores a small amount of health.
- Skip Grenade: A grenade that splits upon impact, creating multiple projectiles that seek targets.
- Flow State: Defeating a jolted target makes you amplified. While you are amplified, your dodge recharges more quickly, you are more resilient while dodging, and your reload speed is greatly increased.
- Lethal Current: After dodging, your next melee attack has increased lunge range, jolts the target, and creates a damaging aftershock. Damaging any jolted target with melee attacks also blinds them.
- Spark of Feedback: Taking melee damage briefly increases your outgoing melee damage. (+10 Resilience)
- Spark of Ions: Defeating a jolted target creates an Ionic Trace.
- Spark of Discharge: Arc weapon final blows have a chance to create an Ionic Trace. -10 Strength.
- Spark of Amplitude: Rapidly defeating targets while you are amplified creates an Orb of Power.
- Aggressive Frame, Subsistence, Thresh, Hakke Breach Armaments, Major Spec
- Trinity Ghoul
- Fires an arrow that splits when released. Aiming down sights and fully drawing the bow both decrease the spread.
- Any Legendary Arc Machine Gun
Armor & Mods
Mod usage is subject to how your Resilience stat is set. Invest in getting that to 100. Despite the debuff to Resilience and buff to enemy damage output, it can still be the determining factor in whether you survive a hit or not.
- Arc Siphon, Font of Wisdom
- Liar's Handshake: Using your Arc melee ability or being hit by a melee attack will allow you to follow up with an extremely powerful melee counterpunch that will heal you.
- Arc Loader, Font of Focus
- Charged Up x2
- Arc Weapon Surge x2
- Class Item
- Utility Kickstart x2
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out Best Arc 3.0 Build for Titans in Destiny 2 on Pro Game Guides.