In a move that surprised everyone reading it, Bungie will bring some serious changes to the Crucible in Destiny 2 when Season 19 releases on December 9, 2022. Bungie has notoriously neglected one of the core playlists for what feels like years now. With little incentive to play outside of the core gameplay loop, including a lack of rewards and few new maps, it's been rough for PvP players.
The news came via the TWAB on November 17, 2022. This behemoth of a blog post is over 6000 words and addresses not only the Crucible but also Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris. We highly recommend anyone even remotely interested in Destiny 2 PvP to click the link and read it over when you have an hour to spare.
Related: How to see your Destiny 2 Heatmap
TWAB Crucible Highlights
- Crucible playlist is being reconfigured to focus the playerbase.
- Control and Clash will become a single Quickplay playlist.
- Lesser-played modes will be moved to weekly rotators.
- New Crucible Seal is being added.
- Lord Shaxx is getting Engram Focusing with Lightfall introducing focusing for older weapons and armor sets.
- Iron Banner is getting a new mode and legacy Destiny armor set.
- Matchmaking will continue to evolve to better merges matching players based on skill, connection, and team sizes for better overall matches.
- This will begin with Quickplay and roll out to other playlists over time.
- Trials matchmaking is being revised for solo and duo fireteams outside the Freelance playlist.
- More maps are coming, including two from the early years of Destiny 2 and a brand new map for Lightfall.
- A Competitive Division will become the Ranked Crucible space.
There's a lot of content to pour over in this TWAB, but it's a lot of good news for PvP fans. We're particularly excited about being able to nab the new Glorious title, earn our favorite Iron Banner gear of all time, and focus engrams on getting some of that sweet Crucible loot.
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out Destiny 2 Telesto Alternate Firing Mode & Changes, Explained on Pro Game Guides.