With a new week, we welcome new challenges and quests. We have just begun Season 7 of Fortnite Chapter 2, so we're on Week 1's list of Epic Quests. In this guide, we will provide the guides for those tough-to-complete quests and some general tips to make the simpler quests even easier.
Cheat Sheet Map
The map below provides the locations of all the spawns for this week's quests with specific locations. Follow the instructions below the map if you need more detail.
General Tips & Tricks
The instructions below contain the links to each individual guide and some simple tips to help make the simple tasks even easier.
- Collect different weapon types. 
- This quest is fairly straightforward. There are seven different types of weapons, and you need to collect five of them. This can be done over multiple matches, but it won't register the same type of weapon, even in different matches.
- Search chests at Steamy Stacks or Craggy Cliffs 
- Both areas are in the northeastern corner of the map. Steamy Stacks is the better of the two, as it has more chests in the complex itself than Craggy Cliffs has. However, regardless of where you go, you should be able to complete this in one match.
- Deal damage with the Pulse Rifle 
- The Pulse Rifle is a new weapon that is dropped by the IO Guards around the map. It is a semi-automatic weapon that fires with high precision and moderate damage. If you find one in a Team Rumble match and take it to the end, this quest can be done in minutes!
- .Elimination with the Rail Gun
- Guide: How to Use a Rail Gun in Fortnite
- Rail Guns can be tricky weapons to control. The easiest way to complete this task is to join a Team Rumble match, find a Rail Gun, and wait to use it until the end of the match. This is when opponents are more likely to be closer together. Since the power and spread of the Rail Gun's shot increases at full charge, it's entirely possible to hit and kill multiple opponents with it at once!
- Accept a quest from a payphone.
- Guide: How to Accept a Quest From a Payphone in Fortnite
- This is a simple quest that only needs to be done once. The yellow markers in the map above will show you several locations for Payphones on the map. You can also find Payphones at any bus stop.
- Upgrade weapons at upgrade benches
- The blue markers in the map above show you most of the locations for Upgrade Benches on the map. This is one of the more difficult quests this week because upgrading a weapon can be rather expensive. The fastest (and cheapest) way to do this is to only upgrade weapons of Common (gray) rarity, which only costs 200 Gold Bars.
- Buy a shield potion from a Mending Machine.
- Guide: How to Buy a Shield Potion From a Mending Machine in Fortnite
- The coral-colored markers in the map above show you the locations of all the Mending Machines on the map. This is a fairly straightforward task and only needs to be done once. When you approach a Mending Machine, be sure to buy a Shield Potion (or a Mini Shield Potion), as there are multiple options.
That's everything you need to know about this week's Epic Quests! Be sure to Check out our Fortnite Homepage for the latest news, guides, and content for all things Fortnite!
Don't forget to check out our full Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 Guide, which covers all updates, mechanics, and features to Season 7!